Ford F150 High Rider

savate

Well, this is probably the most elaborate topic I ever saw on Internet regarding the width, hight and CG of a F150 Hi Rider. Even the guys at Al Tayer dont know (or at lest they are not willing to find out :) ) how wide is High Rider. They just said, "It is not wide as Raptor, but wider then a normal f-150" :))

Thank you @yboi
Advance
Advance

Good post [MENTION=8779]yboi[/MENTION]. Impressive performance judging by your youtube video. The truck certainly doesn't lack power. You are right in suggesting there are a lot of opinion's regarding the Hi Rider from those who don't actually drive one!

My observations were just general in regards to off road mods. A lift is generally not ideal above the clearance you require for larger tires as your CG is raised. As you stated your track is also increased to compensate. I am sure if you drop your truck 4 inches it will still accommodate the 35" tires and with the widened stance be even more stable than it already is!

I did a drive with a Ford Raptor amongst the convoy. It didn't climb Super Bowl as your truck did. It just goes to show it's not always about the car (or truck!) Driver experience, tire choice and pressure play an important part also! Look forward to seeing yourself and truck out in the desert over the coming winter season. Dave.
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Light weight, more power and short wheelbase combined with a good set of tires are always better in the desert, By desert I mean all type of tracks in the desert not just the big dunes without a doubt but a skilled driver can drive most of these cars to a certain level without having much problem. The problem starts when you go further...
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
yboi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Daggerfall;43479 wrote:Light weight, more power and short wheelbase combined with a good set of tires are always better in the desert, By desert I mean all type of tracks in the desert not just the big dunes without a doubt but a skilled driver can drive most of these cars to a certain level without having much problem. The problem starts when you go further...
I'll make sure I have a HEMI powered Suzuki Jimny on 40" Siams when I'm ready to go FURTHER....:grin:
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

yboi;43485 wrote:I'll make sure I have a HEMI powered Suzuki Jimny on 40" Siams when I'm ready to go FURTHER....:grin:
That is a great idea :like:
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

yboi;43469 wrote: .......
Not trying to start a pissing contest here but this video is just one example: https://youtu.be/oHk1N8J2ACI , 2 x Wranglers, FJ and Xterra all failed to reach the top, Xterra climbing highest only couple meters further than Wrangler, my climb was, with almost no run up, all the way to the top, with power to spare.
I full agree with you that your car has power to spare, but the video is misleading about the power of the other cars.
Probably they had a wrong tires pressure or other kind of weakness, same place with a JK 2013, stock engine, 33" tires (not regear) I can climb with a standing start from the bottom to the very top of the dune, turn LEFT and cross on the other side.
Just to highlight that many factors can affect the performance, both of the car or of the driver, in a positive or negative way.
Enjoy and see you in the desert.
Cheers
yboi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Yoghybear;43491 wrote:I full agree with you that your car has power to spare, but the video is misleading about the power of the other cars.
Probably they had a wrong tires pressure or other kind of weakness, same place with a JK 2013, stock engine, 33" tires (not regear) I can climb with a standing start from the bottom to the very top of the dune, turn LEFT and cross on the other side.
Just to highlight that many factors can affect the performance, both of the car or of the driver, in a positive or negative way.
Enjoy and see you in the desert.
Cheers
I don't doubt you can..and that there is a chance that all of them just had a bad day that time :have a nice day:
matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

Ola, all one thing that I suppose is obvious but probably is worth mentioning just in case is that both yourself and yoghy are driving the single cab versions of the cars being talked about where the wheel base is not as long as you first think. If you were in the double cab versions that are much more popular would it be a different story?