ABS and Traction error

hamzahng
Crew
Crew

Hi All,

Yesterday at night as I was heading back to my home, my Pajero started acting on its own. I would be driving in a straight road and not hitting brakes or anything then the "car on skid" light starts blinking fast, the throttle is cuttoff ; i.e. I cant accelerate. and the ABS starts to work abruptly. any one knows what this issue could be? also any one have had this problem before?
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hey Hamza,

I'm driving a Xterra, but I had almost the same thing once and I went to Nissan, they checked and said something about sensors, and they said they fixed it, after I have been driving it for last 7 months, it didn't come up again. I am no expert in auto mechanics so I believed them.. ;) you better get it checked by an expert, cos it may be dangerous if you are driving on a highway for 120 or 140 KMH.

R.B
R.B
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

I tried removing the battery and putting it back again. That specific issue is gone atleast for now... But now I am having a new problem the ASC and Airbag lights are on... And @redbaron do you have any idea what sensors did they change?
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

hamzahng;43323 wrote:I tried removing the battery and putting it back again. That specific issue is gone atleast for now... But now I am having a new problem the ASC and Airbag lights are on... And @redbaron do you have any idea what sensors did they change?
Hey,,, no idea, I don't even know if they changed or reset or what they did. Maybe one of our marshal can give you a good idea.
R.B
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

hamzahng;43321 wrote:Hi All,

Yesterday at night as I was heading back to my home, my Pajero started acting on its own. I would be driving in a straight road and not hitting brakes or anything then the "car on skid" light starts blinking fast, the throttle is cuttoff ; i.e. I cant accelerate. and the ABS starts to work abruptly. any one knows what this issue could be? also any one have had this problem before?
You have to visit the dealer, your Pajero is in emergency mode, as probably some of the sensors failed.

As it is Pajero, this is very common sickness, you are not only one. Earlier many Pajero dashboards did light like a Christmas tree as the sensors are mounted that way that they are vulnerable for the sand and dust. All our club Pajero owners later did sell their cars and replaced them with something more normal for the desert.
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

@redbaron thanks, I will visit a garage today and let them check it up. Hopefully it will be a simple reset, or something that I can delay the major issue until I return from Oman
[MENTION=955]caprihorse[/MENTION] Too bad :( I really like my Pajero, but I think that I have to ditch her and go for a new car...