Xterra lights fixing?

Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Guys,

Can any body advise me, If I wanna fix a LED light bar on my Xterra, where would be a good place to mount it? Front of the air dam or front of the bumper? Because I heard some people complaining that fixing the light bar will make a whistling noise or a wind noise?

And does any one has a Xterra with these mods, if so can you please advise a good auto place to get it done?

Thanks

RED
R.B
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Red Baron;42767 wrote:Hi Guys,

Can any body advise me, If I wanna fix a LED light bar on my Xterra, where would be a good place to mount it? Front of the air dam or front of the bumper? Because I heard some people complaining that fixing the light bar will make a whistling noise or a wind noise?

And does any one has a Xterra with these mods, if so can you please advise a good auto place to get it done?

Thanks

RED
Here is one sample I saw.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2485[/ATTACH]

I dont have any lighting and not much experience on night driving yet but I assume you need one on the top to see the top of the dune before you start climbing (When you are on the below)

One on the front since the default headlights are not that strong, one on both sides of the car(smaller) to see your left and right and one small on the back in case you need to go backwards.

That is what I saw most of the time.

Regards
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Daggerfall,, I don't know if I will be needing it in the first few drives with the club. But thought of research around a bit.
R.B
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Red Baron;42771 wrote:Thanks Daggerfall,, I don't know if I will be needing it in the first few drives with the club. But thought of research around a bit.
Hi.

There is no night drive when you are a newbie except some easy routes for camping. But you will never know, you might get cought in the middle of the desert with no sufficient light :)
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Daggerfall;42770 wrote:Here is one sample I saw.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2485[/ATTACH]

I dont have any lighting and not much experience on night driving yet but I assume you need one on the top to see the top of the dune before you start climbing (When you are on the below)

One on the front since the default headlights are not that strong, one on both sides of the car(smaller) to see your left and right and one small on the back in case you need to go backwards.

That is what I saw most of the time.

Regards
Never put the lights on the top, like it is pictured here. The light beam is spread over the front window, which is blocking your view and with little sand and dust on the front window, it is guaranteed you see nothing.
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you Marshal for the helpful advise. Many experience drivers gave the same idea. I will wait until I meet others in the club who has Xterra before go ahead and fix a light.
R.B