can tire casing deform or go out of shape..?!?!.

pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

I have been running Cooper Discoverer AT3 for over a year plus...amazing tires off and on...quiet, not heavy, not to soft compound so hard wearing but not to hard to squirm when needed, good footprint spread when deflated unlike the super costy BFGs ATS that everyone goes for...(all this personal experience that could be refuted)...anyway..ran the same size as OEM but with about just over half the tread left my cat has been shaking when driving on roads at highway speeds.. and after going through all the checks and all..its gone down to tires and dont seem to be able to balance them as when the wheel goes on the machine...it appears to be bobbing up and down...and 3rd time now the tire ppl and the mechs(4 different ones after checking all susp and drivetrain components) say its the tire casing deformed...anyone has had this particular problem with these tires or should i stop driving on roads...really loving these tires as i had STTs and those were just plain...$H!T...
hendreb

Hi Pato
I have the same problem on two of my tyres - Cooper H/T Plus. Nobody seems to be able to balance them and say my rims are bent.
Have them do balancing with- and without the tyre to confirm whether it is the tyre or the rim.

If it's a tyre just put it on the rear axle - removed most of my wobbling.
Same if it's a rim... But if you have some cash you could try a company like [URL="http://www.wheelrepair.aeaven't"]www.wheelrepair.ae[/URL]