LED lights

ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

I have been told that the vehicle licence inspectors require LED lights 'to be covered' in order to pass the test. The explanation given was that some folks are using their LED lights to 'blind' the speed cameras , so that they can speed!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Yes... Some use it for road fighting
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wait what ? That's actually a workable option but U gotta aim the LED lights straight ahead and should be the right angle
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

I recently got flashed from the extreme right for speeding . Still awaiting to see if the fine actually came through Cuz I doubt it would since I have the number plate on my bumpers left side
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

ginger;40506 wrote:I have been told that the vehicle licence inspectors require LED lights 'to be covered' in order to pass the test. The explanation given was that some folks are using their LED lights to 'blind' the speed cameras , so that they can speed!
Yes @ginger , My vehicle failed the test due to LED lights, then I remove and give retest.
Does anyone knows that where to find cover for LED lights? HID lights are coming with transparent plastic cover that can be used as a cover to hide it.
Mohammad
Advance
Advance

yasir;40517 wrote:Yes @ginger , My vehicle failed the test due to LED lights, then I remove and give retest.
Does anyone knows that where to find cover for LED lights? HID lights are coming with transparent plastic cover that can be used as a cover to hide it.
[MENTION=2336]yasir[/MENTION] Try china market.. They have plenty for different types..
Mohammad
Advance
Advance

yasir;40517 wrote:Yes @ginger , My vehicle failed the test due to LED lights, then I remove and give retest.
[MENTION=2336]yasir[/MENTION] Try china market.. They have plenty for different types..
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

upholstery shops can help u with that..specially the LED bar
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

The cheap low-tech solution was a strip of black 'duck tape' , which seemed to be enough to get it through !
Dave
Advance
Advance

Like Ginger, I went for a low cost solution. I cut two disc's from cardboard! Sprayed them black and stuck them over my spot lights. Car passed! Don't plan on using them for blinding speed cameras anyhow. Save my fast driving for the desert tracks.