Where to find Viking Ropes and What type of Hooks we should use?

Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hello

I am looking for a shop that I can get a viking rope (Recovery) I went to Ramy bur they don't have it.

Anyone can suggest a shop?

Also regarding the " Rated " Hooks it is not very clear what kind of hook I should buy. there are a lot of construction hooks in the market but which one is more suitable for off road? Maybe someone can put a sample picture.

Thanks
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear Daggerfall, I bought my viking rope in Almost4x4 auto service garage and I am happy with it, it came with a nice bag. I think now they have an interesting kit with the rope and shackles and gloves. I don't know if the hook is in but would be interesting to have it in the kit. You can contact Mr Don +971 56 608 3433 to check the availability of the kit and the adress is http://goo.gl/maps/jVZcl.
For the hook I have got one in sharjah hardware shops, this is the location: http://goo.gl/maps/XmEC7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2230[/ATTACH] as mentioned by Bu Salem in earlier thread you need to remove the safety lock because you don't need it for off-road.

Cheers
Arun Pandyat

Dear Daggerfall,
Kindly go through the below link.

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... right-type
muhtar

Selam Daggerfall, foruma hoşgeldin...

Forum is not enforcing any specific seller but I see no problem saying it: go to Almost Garage and buy the kit including jack etc... to save your time. I hunted for all the parts from different shops, it was not a good idea nor cheaper way...

Just my two cents...
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

muhtar;39728 wrote:Selam Daggerfall, foruma hoşgeldin...

Forum is not enforcing any specific seller but I see no problem saying it: go to Almost Garage and buy the kit including jack etc... to save your time. I hunted for all the parts from different shops, it was not a good idea nor cheaper way...

Just my two cents...
Selam Muhtar Hosbulduk

Thank you for the advice. Actually I read most of the forums and I got all the tools required except the GPS . I also have the snatch strap but I saw that the viking rope works much better (watched the videos) that is why I am considering to buy one. I checked some some of the shops like ARB, ramy, icon, ace, dragon mall (I was not aware of the Almost Garage) but none of them had all the required parts or lets say the ones I wanted :). So I appreciate all the shop advises. I am also considering to do some modifications to my old lady maybe they can help..

Unfortunately since I joined the club there was no activity which I could drive. The most important thing I need now is a trip which I am allowed to drive :).. I do go to the desert alone anyway but I don't think it is safe.

Thanks & Hope see you soon.

muhtar

WEll, there was a CM drive a few weeks ago, and Im pretty sure there will be soon; just keep watching the kitchen. Meanwhile you can always join to Thursday night camps before being a newbie, I used to camp with guys when I was CM. this is a good chance to meet with ppl as well as getting a smell of the dune...

...And, do NOT go to desert alone, it is not safe as you put. At least make sure that you are within gsm coverage and walking distance to the road if you take the risk of leaving your car behind.
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

muhtar;39730 wrote:WEll, there was a CM drive a few weeks ago, and Im pretty sure there will be soon; just keep watching the kitchen. Meanwhile you can always join to Thursday night camps before being a newbie, I used to camp with guys when I was CM. this is a good chance to meet with ppl as well as getting a smell of the dune...

...And, do NOT go to desert alone, it is not safe as you put. At least make sure that you are within gsm coverage and walking distance to the road if you take the risk of leaving your car behind.
Yes I would love to join the Thursday camps but are they also announced in the web site? How can I join?

Yeah I do make sure that I know where is the nearest road or have visible landmark around (Like fossil rock) I am just trying to get some experience on the sand.

muhtar

I believe there will be one next Thu, this week was holiday I reckon. :)
Just watch the Newbie & Family Trips, it is usually the night before the Friday morning drive. Even the morning drive is for Newbies, night camp is open for CMs. when it is announced you will see the Join button.
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

muhtar;39733 wrote:I believe there will be one next Thu, this week was holiday I reckon. :)
Just watch the Newbie & Family Trips, it is usually the night before the Friday morning drive. Even the morning drive is for Newbies, night camp is open for CMs. when it is announced you will see the Join button.
I am watching that forum every hour since I join :))))

Maddie

I have a viking rope with the bag, and two heavy duty rated shackles and an almost new 2ton jack
call me on 0505051006 if interested