FJ Cruiser off-road lights (HID lights + LED bars)

momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi all,

I would like to fit off-road lights on my FJ cruiser.

First, what is the best configuration? HID lights on bumper and LED bar on roof rack? Or LED bars on both bumper and roof rack? Or all HID everywhere?

I am looking for the best workshop who can fit for me all this if possible using genuine toyota wires and buttons and do a very clean job. Because I am afraid from non professional wiring work leading to a car fire.

All suggestions highly appreciated.

Regards to all
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

I believe that that a mix of HID ( 3 pcs of 7" & 55W on front bumper and a 52" LED bar on the top will be the perfect recipe . Adding the yellow top deep cycle Optima battery ( if affordable ) will be a great option as well .
What goes around , comes around .
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear members,

Any of you have fitted 7"HID lights and can advise a good dealer? Because I am struggling to find the one with the proper reflector...

Regards
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear MOMO,

Please find below a useful link regarding technical information about Off Road lights.
http://www.bajadesigns.com/science-of-l ... ting-zones

Hope that it will helps.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

yasir;39839 wrote:Dear MOMO,

Please find below a useful link regarding technical information about Off Road lights.
http://www.bajadesigns.com/science-of-l ... ting-zones

Hope that it will helps.
Dear Yasir,

Thank you a lot, the link you posted is very helpful.

Regards,
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Momo,
I bought 4" and 7" floods from Daimiroad at Al Awir opposite the car supermarket. Search Strawbs posts as the phone number is on there somewhere. There are a couple of shops there that sell them. I didn't want spots, which you can find at a lot of places, floods are difficult to find. They cost 350 and 400 the pair respectively. As far as finding someone to fit them, I don't know - I did it myself. Good luck.