FJ 120kph Speed Alarm - I want it gone!

adventure motox

Hi

Is there a secret code for dis-activating the 120kph alarm in the FJ? I can't express how annoying this is.

Im not sure if the beeping, or my wife complaining about the beeping drives me crazier... but I also did some multiple tests with the GPS and the alarm goes off at 120kph on the actual speedo but in reality I'm going about 112kph... and then when you reduce speed and re-accelerate to overtake a car then it goes off again... and again...

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue... I'm not sure if its a GCC thing or a Toyota thing... but never had this on any other car before... although the FJ is my first GCC. Is it illegal to dis-activate?

If it went off at 140kph then it would fine and out of the range for normal everyday driving.

I'm at the point when I'm ready to rip out the speaker from behind the dash as the beep in the FJ is not a nice subtle one I had in the BMW... but rather an aggressive generic beep and its beep for everything! Maybe its just me hahaha!

Cheers
muhtar

Hi there
Nope, your are not alone... We are a big family here. This is what we call as "GCC Spec" (along with a bit bigger radiator in some rear cases, there is nothing special about this GCC Spec)

Check your dealer, it is the only way as this is generally wired to ECU and playing with it may affect your warranty.
Or switch to a Honda, it is just a warning light instead of the beep thingy. :D
adventure motox

Arg!!!