adventure motox

Perfect!

That confirms what I thought.

Thanks!

alshamsi_m;39682 wrote:Let us make it simple

Most sand/ little rocks : Cooper H/T
Medium rocks/ Medium sand : Cooper AT3 , BF A/T
Most rocks / little sand : Cooper STT
Owner's choice or budget : chose what you think is the right for you.
Orsomucca

I feel that the suspension is the most important upgrade you can do offroad.

Unfortunately to do a good job you have to spend a quite big amount. Blisteins 5100 seems not bad, but I would recommend a basic setup from Radflo, Icon or Fox. You will definitely see the difference. probably the cost will be around 10K installed
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Orsomucca;40291 wrote:I feel that the suspension is the most important upgrade you can do offroad.

Unfortunately to do a good job you have to spend a quite big amount. Blisteins 5100 seems not bad, but I would recommend a basic setup from Radflo, Icon or Fox. You will definitely see the difference. probably the cost will be around 10K installed
Rally suspension for a daily driver - weekly off-roader .. Why not if you can afford it . By the way ICON stage 4 & RADFLO compined with TOTAL CHAOS control arms will cost around 16 to 18 k .
What goes around , comes around .
Orsomucca

[MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] I was not talking about a stage 4 but a stage 1, that will cost almost double than OME or other commercial stuff. And these are good suspension that will do perfectly what are designed for. My experience on my Defender, going from stock to high quality shocks (equivalent to the one mentioned before) brough to an amazing improvement both on road and offroad. The good thing of a suspension upgrade is that, if correctly selected, will improve driving and safety both on and off-road

I would rather spend these money in a good suspension setup + bash plate rather than big tires and intakes.

just my two cents ;)
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Orsomucca;40302 wrote:@Abu Jimmy I was not talking about a stage 4 but a stage 1, that will cost almost double than OME or other commercial stuff. And these are good suspension that will do perfectly what are designed for. My experience on my Defender, going from stock to high quality shocks (equivalent to the one mentioned before) brough to an amazing improvement both on road and offroad. The good thing of a suspension upgrade is that, if correctly selected, will improve driving and safety both on and off-road

I would rather spend these money in a good suspension setup + bash plate rather than big tires and intakes.

just my two cents ;)
[MENTION=9490]Orsomucca[/MENTION] , to agree or disagree with you does not mean that I know better . I totally respect your experience and point of view and appreciate the effort ofsharing it . Maybe my comment was not clear , so please let me put it in detail .

- Old Man EMU , Iron Man , Lovells ...etc. will cost around 3.5 k to 5 k installed with 2 years warranty with a very close ( if not similar ) performance comparing to Radflo & Icon which will cost at least double value . ( taking in consideration the comparison is under normal moderate circumstances of our desert driving ) .

- Personally , if I go for Icon or Radflo , I will not settle for less than stage 4 where I will get a full value for what I paid . ( it really deserves the money paid ).

- In this specific thread as a reply to aventure motox we were advising the reasonable priced suspensions upon his request .

- Cannot agree more about " I would rather spend these money in a good suspension setup + bash plate rather than big tires and intakes " .

- As Marshals we just give recommendations and advise in general & based on our own and our members experience . Members have the full extend of freedom to do what ever they like to their equity .

- Last but not least in the desert , owning a modified vehicle does not make a better driver , it just makes an owner of a modified one .

( Just my 1 Fils ; )
What goes around , comes around .
adventure motox

Thanks [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION]
I agree with a lot of this.
There are so many opinions and variations of what one can do and it varies by car type and needs and budgets.

The thing I agree with most is that suspension is more important than intake etc... true for street cars as much as off road truck or F1.

Mods definitely do not make you a better driver... but they can sometimes help when used properly.

Cheers and thanks for all the replies.

JT (Adventure)

Abu Jimmy;40319 wrote:@Orsomucca , to agree or disagree with you does not mean that I know better . I totally respect your experience and point of view and appreciate the effort ofsharing it . Maybe my comment was not clear , so please let me put it in detail .

- Old Man EMU , Iron Man , Lovells ...etc. will cost around 3.5 k to 5 k installed with 2 years warranty with a very close ( if not similar ) performance comparing to Radflo & Icon which will cost at least double value . ( taking in consideration the comparison is under normal moderate circumstances of our desert driving ) .

- Personally , if I go for Icon or Radflo , I will not settle for less than stage 4 where I will get a full value for what I paid . ( it really deserves the money paid ).

- In this specific thread as a reply to aventure motox we were advising the reasonable priced suspensions upon his request .

- Cannot agree more about " I would rather spend these money in a good suspension setup + bash plate rather than big tires and intakes " .

- As Marshals we just give recommendations and advise in general & based on our own and our members experience . Members have the full extend of freedom to do what ever they like to their equity .

- Last but not least in the desert , owning a modified vehicle does not make a better driver , it just makes an owner of a modified one .

( Just my 1 Fils ; )
savate

Hi Guys,

Just found this thread. I am looking for a car that would be mainly used for offroading. One of the options is FJ.

So my question is. Is the Extreme (or TRD, what they have now in the salons) worth the money. Or is more convenient to make this kind of upgrades on a stock car? And actually are this upgrades any worth for a newbie? How much actually cost an upgrade (let say a Fox suspension that are installed in FJ Extreme, and I suppose they have different tires and rims? Sorry if my technical terms are not to accurate, but I am freshly attracted to off road world :) )

Kind regards, and thx :)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

savate;43454 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just found this thread. I am looking for a car that would be mainly used for offroading. One of the options is FJ.

So my question is. Is the Extreme (or TRD, what they have now in the salons) worth the money. Or is more convenient to make this kind of upgrades on a stock car? And actually are this upgrades any worth for a newbie? How much actually cost an upgrade (let say a Fox suspension that are installed in FJ Extreme, and I suppose they have different tires and rims? Sorry if my technical terms are not to accurate, but I am freshly attracted to off road world :) )

Kind regards, and thx :)
Don't bother to spend anything at your moment. Just drive frequently to get some experience and then you will see changes you need. It is very individual. After maybe 3 years driving you can choose your options, if you still will be driving :pacman:

Modifications are not the answers to the skills, skills are more important to drive safely and return back home.
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=caprihorse;43456]Don't bother to spend anything at your moment. Just drive frequently to get some experience and then you will see changes you need. It is very individual. After maybe 3 years driving you can choose your options, if you still will be driving :pacman:

Modifications are not the answers to the skills, skills are more important to drive safely and return back home.[/quote]

A lot of good and interesting things have been said above, I agree with all of you, but at the end of the day my prefered quote is the one of Capri.
It's my belief that modification must be in accordance with your concept of off-road, once you know what you want to do in the desert, you will not have doubt about the right upgrade
In other words, any modification might be ok as long as it suits your needs, you just need to understand your needs
My 2 fils :060:
adventure motox

Yoghybear;43457 wrote:A lot of good and interesting things have been said above, I agree with all of you, but at the end of the day my prefered quote is the one of Capri.
It's my belief that modification must be in accordance with your concept of off-road, once you know what you want to do in the desert, you will not have doubt about the right upgrade
In other words, any modification might be ok as long as it suits your needs, you just need to understand your needs
My 2 fils :060:
Agreed!

Also, you can get a better set up later for a better price than the dealer is making you with the "package" they made.