Tow / Recovery Hook - Is this the right type?

matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi there,

One of the items missing from my recovery gear on inspection was a tow / recovery hook. Can someone tell me if these are the right type and if not take a picture of the one they have please. Thanks!

Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Matts,
the hook in your pictures are for winch, the right one is the following, pls have a look also on the shackle

ImageImage
matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Yoghy. I'm sorted with the shackles but a little confused as to how you use the hook, how do you attach it to the car and the strap? The shop (speeded) also have the type you pictured but i thought you'd need the removable pin the bottom to attach to the car/strap.

Cheers

Matt
matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

So its one of these: 2 ton WLL - Still not sure how you use it but i'm sure I will be enlightened.

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Matts

The above hock is a correct one but you need to remove the safty lock because it is useless for offroaders.

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

Brill thanks, removing it is no problem. On a separate note due to my fat fingers I gave your post a thumbs down instead of up! Can an admin correct that for me please!
melriora
Club Member
Club Member

Where can I buy this hook?
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

melriora;41650 wrote:Where can I buy this hook?
momo;39720 wrote:Dear Daggerfall, I bought my viking rope in Almost4x4 auto service garage and I am happy with it, it came with a nice bag. I think now they have an interesting kit with the rope and shackles and gloves. I don't know if the hook is in but would be interesting to have it in the kit. You can contact Mr Don +971 56 608 3433 to check the availability of the kit and the adress is http://goo.gl/maps/jVZcl.
For the hook I have got one in sharjah hardware shops, this is the location: http://goo.gl/maps/XmEC7

as mentioned by Bu Salem in earlier thread you need to remove the safety lock because you don't need it for off-road.

Cheers

This the answer for your question ... check the link on google maps
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
melriora
Club Member
Club Member

Great!! thank you so much!.
bulino
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks Bu Salem Matga9er ....