Tow / Recovery Hook - Is this the right type?

matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

I got the hook from Speedex in DIP as its just round the corner from my work. But I already had the rest of the kit, definitely easier to get it all from one place at the same time if you can!
Fats25

Can someone explain what this hook thing is for?

I still have to buy the radio, but aside from that I now have all of my kit with the exception of the hook. I have been in Ramys and another shop (still to venture to Speedex) and neither of them (even showing this thread) can guarantee what I am purchasing is what is being looked for.

I am asked for the purpose of the hook (as I don't have a winch!), and then laughed at when I say I have no idea, I just need to purchase one! Can someone please explain what it is for so I can get the final piece of kit I need?

Thanks
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Fats25;44332 wrote:Can someone explain what this hook thing is for?

I still have to buy the radio, but aside from that I now have all of my kit with the exception of the hook. I have been in Ramys and another shop (still to venture to Speedex) and neither of them (even showing this thread) can guarantee what I am purchasing is what is being looked for.

I am asked for the purpose of the hook (as I don't have a winch!), and then laughed at when I say I have no idea, I just need to purchase one! Can someone please explain what it is for so I can get the final piece of kit I need?

Thanks

Dear Fats

Whatever is recommended by the club come from experience. What the shops don't know that when we do offroading , we drive with different types of cars. You might think that I don't need this for my car since it has big towing points but what if the car that going to rescue you don't have big point then you will need to fix your shackle to a hook then fix it to the rescue car.

Best regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Fats25

alshamsi_m;44333 wrote:Dear Fats

but what if the car that going to rescue you don't have big point then you will need to fix your shackle to a hook then fix it to the rescue car.

Best regards
Ok - that now makes sense - I can at least explain the requirement to ensure I purchase the correct item. I will head to DIP Speedex this week, and should then have all the gear, and will keep an eye out for the next drive out.
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

I got these from Roadsafe Australia that manufacture rated (5000kg) recovery points mainly for Patrols, land cruisers, fjs and prados. They fit directly to your chassis and not to your bull/bash bar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2837[/ATTACH]