HEMI 6.1L in Dodge Ram 1500 Truck....

Dave
Advance
Advance

I have to agree [MENTION=8718]MOMO[/MENTION], deep pockets and expensive toys with big horse power don't make you a good driver. It may help you look like you know your stuff initially, but soon enough the desert will put you straight. No matter what you drive, 4,6 or 8 cylinder, 150hp or 550hp, there will be someone out there with half the car you have doing twice as much!
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Isn't that already being done in our club (yes I'm talking bout your little monster [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION]) that car to this day makes me wonder how it does, what it does ! Its all in the hands of the driver. A Year back when i joined the club the first thing on my mind was to put in a supercharger in my wrangler but i realized that the power generated by the stock 3.6 is more than enough for my need. As i read your running a 5.7 hemi which is a beautiful engine packing a lot of horses.
Detox

Love the feedback guys and engagement..... @Yoghybear is definitely a major reference when it comes to these trucks...
It does not seem to be a wise decision to play with the sensitive balance already built in the cars as indicated..

I researched this quite heavily and it seems that the engine and transmission can be beefed up to a hold very well but the rear diff is the weak point as Yoghybear indicated hence no need to torture it more... May be a high performance diff kit??? there is none !!!!

The main reason I was looking into this is that trucks are generally heavier than jeeps hence can do with more power although what we have seems to be enough.

Will stick with the stock setup for now and work on developing my skills.... Need a lot of that still :)

Now to the other question !!!!!

Dodge is really made by Mopar with Chrysler powertrains similar to the Jeeps with so many interchangeable parts including engines, transmissions, etc.... so why is it that we might see reliability issues with the trucks and not with the jeeps..????

Thoughts....
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Detox;38468 wrote:Dodge is really made by Mopar with Chrysler powertrains similar to the Jeeps with so many interchangeable parts including engines, transmissions, etc.... so why is it that we might see reliability issues with the trucks and not with the jeeps..????
Both have the same poor reliability and not only those, but all US cars. You have to take it from the position of car industry market. Most of the cars are sold on leasing for 2 years in US, so this is the lifetime for US made cars and partially also for EU cars. All cars parts are calculated for not more then 100k, so after this period the car is a scrap, as the car is paid off and has only value for re-sale in Asia for spot money, otherwise car manufacturers would not have enough work to do. Additionally the are saying that there is Middle East specification. What does it mean? Additional fan on radiator? Or lower mileage lifetime?

Japanese strategy is different, as they are selling cars mostly in Asia and Africa and this is definitely bigger market as US, and as the car maintenance service in Asia in general is poor, so they need to have reliable cars, to be driven for ages.
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;38473 wrote: All cars parts are calculated for not more then 100k, so after this period the car is a scrap, as the car is paid off and has only value for re-sale in Asia for spot money, otherwise car manufacturers would not have enough work to do.
Absolutely agreed with [MENTION=955]caprihorse[/MENTION], Their original (Mopar) spare parts are mostly Made in Mexico, Korea and China.
Detox

[MENTION=955]caprihorse[/MENTION] ... That is a very interesting angle... I never thought about it like that and tied it to the sales model... Very interesting.. Thanks :)

Jeeps, Dodges & whatever american seems that the best way is to do a lot of preventive maintenance which I just did LOADS of... Thanks to Almost 4x4 service centre!!!
Detox

[MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] check this out!!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... ion-locked
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[MENTION=7860]Detox[/MENTION] : I know the problem, the dealer called me end of April 2014 to inform me about the problem, unfortunately 2 weeks before their call, sh**** happened on Al Khail Road.....result was rear differential broken, drive shaft broken and transfer case broken = all together around AED 25'000/-
The strange thing is that in US the first recall related to this problem are dated early 2013 .......