Battery Replacement

desert_jellyfish

Good Morning Almosters!

Last night, I got into my beautiful white 2012 JK to head home, and nothing :x_x: i insert the key and turn....click - click - click - click - click - click....dead battery

I've done some reading on the forum and everyone talks about YELLOW OPTIMA BATTERY! so I thought I will go ahead with that but I also read that it doesn't fit wrangler 2012!!

so my question is....should i go with another color optima battery or a different brand?

PS: my car has no additional lights, no fridge inside, no light flag, nothing - so the battery is strictly for starting the car...oh and hazard lights when I'm parked under my building for 2 mins

Appreciate all the help from everyone
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

The optima yellow top is a deep cycle battery which can be useful if you have extra lights, winches and all the other extra accessories which needs to be powered by your battery without getting drained ...... I have had this in my old cherokee xj and it did an awesome job ..... definitely worth the money

The optima red top is currently installed in our 2009 Wrangler JK with extra HID lights ...... the red top is used for starting purposes, it claims that if you leave the car without starting for a very long period of time the red top battery will still work and have that extra juice to start your car up ....... cheaper than the yeloow top and is also definitely worth the money

They both fit the 2012-2015 JK's but you need to get the bigger size optima which i think are available in Ramy4x4

Hope this helps

Cheers
desert_jellyfish

Hi Strawb,

thanks for your input! I guess I will visit Ramy 4x4 and once there get their input as well

thanks again :)
desert_jellyfish

Just spoke with someone at Ramy 4x4....I will visit them tonight after work

unfortunately they can't fit the YELLOW TOP on the spot as it requires some modifications to the plate so I think I will go ahead with the RED TOP but i'm interested to know everyone's opinion on the plate modification....for? against?
Maddie

If its only for starting and no auxiliary battery drainers, go for normal Solite Battery, 200 dirhams, one year warranty..
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

@MOK11 , I totally agree with Maddie on fixing the normal 75 Ah battery ( Trane , solite ..etc ) with one year warranty and price of around 300 DH . The yellow top Optima 75 Ah will not fit the JK because of its bigger size ( taller or higher dimensions ) and hence the modification is required . another solution can be fixing the 65 Ah yellow top Optima which will fit perfectly with no modifications at all .

My only question is why to invest 1250 DH on a battery for a stock vehicle with no extra drainage of electrical auxiliaries ? wouldnt it be wiser to spend only 300 Dh for the battery and invest the rest of the money on other accessories for the JEEP ?!!!.....:yarr:
What goes around , comes around .
desert_jellyfish

Welcome Back Abu Jimmy!

Thanks Maddie and Abu Jimmy for your insights, that's exactly what I've done actually......I got AC DELCO 70 Ah battery but it was for DHS 600 (maybe because I got it from the gas station?) in any case, as you said Abu Jimmy, the rest can be used for other mods (which now seems to be my wheels as they are really past their life time)
Maddie

AC DELCO 65 ah one year warranty production 2014 for 240

Consult Man before buying
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Price of the battery is depends on the CCA ratings. Higher its CCA rating, higher will be the price.

Cold cranking amps (CCA) is a measurement of the number of amps a battery can deliver at 0 ° F for 30 seconds and not drop below 7.2 volts. So a high CCA battery rating is especially important in starting battery applications, and in cold weather.This measurement is not particularly important in Deep cycle batteries, though it is the most commonly 'known' battery measurement.

desert_jellyfish

Thank you for the info yasir

Maddie....I stopped at the first gas station and got a new one as unfortunately I couldn't depend on jump starting the car any longer :oh noes: but interested to know where i can find that price?