Ancient Range Rover - garage or burnpit needed

stivula

For reasons which I cannot begin to understand my buddy bought a Range Rover with 250,000km on the clock in Abu Shaggra

He's already spent a pile of money getting the starter repaired, the exhaust etc however now it looks like the suspension knackered.

Trouble is that most garages seem to have a lot of problems fixing Range Rovers.
Personally I think he should just take it out into the desert and burn it :ninja: ... but each to their own!

Does anybody know of a garage that is good at fixing Range Rovers ... and is a wee bit cheaper than Al Tayer!
Adnan
Advance
Advance

You may ask Musa Hammoudeh from Almost4x4. .he will give you the answer
stivula

Adnan ... Cheers I will get him to take it to Almost4x4 ... and failing that, its already been on fire twice so next time we will just let nature take its course :eyes on fire:
Muhittin

Hello Stivula,

For a reasonable price garage, and professional service, please do visit almost4x4 garage.

it is located in Sharjah, but easy to be reached from Sharjah, Dubai & Ajman.

You can contact Mr. Don 0566083433 from the garage. also 0507070865 for recovery car.

How much he bought the car? and what model it was?

Actually, they call this car CANCER, because once the sickness starts will not end until the end.

Who is buying this car from Al Tayer, will use it only during the warranty period or the mileage limits.
stivula

Sagol Muhittin! I will take him to Almost this this week

It’s a 2005 HSE … Purchase price was about 50K but it’s been guzzling the cash since he bought it.

I used to see them taken off-road in Scotland but there the challenge is mud so the Ranger Rover's weight tends to be a problem … I have never actually seen one being driven in the desert … other than TV, has anyone ever seen one going over a dune?

That said, it is a Range Rover so I reckon if the stereo was replaced, the suspension was fixed and it had a few cosmetic repairs it would be good for cruising around Jumeria!
Dave
Advance
Advance

Hi Stivula. I would hardly call a 2005 car ancient just yet! I have a 1998 P38 model Range Rover, with 250k on the clock. It has taken me into the desert at least twice a week for the last 3 years and has given little trouble so far. The suspension is notorious for failing as the air bags perish over time. The suspension has been converted to springs so no issues with air leaks ever again! Your friends car is the next model up from mine, the L322. A much better car on the road but as with most newer model 4x4's (except maybe for the Jeep Wrangler and Land Rover Defender and a handful more) they are less designed for venturing off road. I would advise him not to burn it just yet, but maybe sort the faults and stick to the main roads!

AAA service centre in Rashidiya are the older Land Rover experts in Dubai. Not the cheapest but a better deal than Al Tayer and may be able to give your friend some advice.
stivula

Fair Point .... When I wrote the first post I was under the impression that it was a bit older than 2005 ... It's had a rough life.

In any case I am sure that with the right garage and some fat piles of cash this could be turned into a quality "Jumeria Tractor"!

In this case off-roadings not even a consideration ... work and back 5 days a week would be progress!
Muhittin

Hello stivula ,

I believe that the Rover family made to be driven in jungle and mud more than sand, the defender edition is for the heavy duty mud and farm drive or even a war zone area, but the Rang Rover and Discovery are made for prestigious drives around JBR.

once i watched some videos about off-roading in Turkey, and the Defender was doing great, but not sand, it was mud in the jungle.

the issue is if you love a car, you will remain happy with it, until the problems comes, the repairing costs increasing, the car breaking down time is more often. then you will stop loving it, and start thinking about divorce .

for me, I love Rang Rover, and I am obsess about the Defender, but entering the desert with almost4x4, i need to use my brain and think about the right choice.

stivula

The Defender is strictly for Gentlemen Farmers and Land Rover enthusiasts ... I used to work on an estate in Northern Scotland all our working vehicles were Toyotas, same for the neighbors.

People only buy the Land Rover Defender for the "built like a brick something house" style ... its crude, noisy and expensive ... but iconic.