Catalyst removal and check engine light

Mohamed
Club Member
Club Member

Hello every body,

Most of us prefer to remove the catalyst after a couple of years of using the car some times because it clogged or to gain more HP
the problem is with some cars like 2006 Wrangler because of the too sensitive o2 sensors (after catalyst pairs) they will face a lot of over flow exhaust that give a signal to the o2 that the catalyst is not working then the worst light on your dash will light up

some people said you can drive and ignore the light others said remove the light and enjoy your ride, after a lot of reading and search I found that the car after a couple of miles driving with check engine on it will go in something called limb mode it means that the car will not give you the full power you need specially in auto trans cars, you may not feel of the difference but for sure the car knows that there is something wrong, I found some parts called " Check Engine Light Eliminator Adapter " on amazon it really helps me to keep the yellow light away from my dash, I think it cost $10 and it worth every penny, remember to disconnect the battery when ever you touch any electrical stuff in your car, and before you bolt the adapters use a special electrical or heat resistant grease to make a thin ply between the exhaust pipe and the adapter to keep the o2 sensors in good temp, and you have to check the o2 sensors and make sure that they are working properly

*The adapter is a universal part can be fixed on all cars with 18mm o2 sensors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W1 ... UTF8&psc=1

* Make sure that you have space to install it on your vehicle before you order this type of adapters, but for wrangler 2006 I'm sure that it works :045:

:greedy_dollars: Messing with cars electricity can cost a lot of $$$, so disconnect your battery for FREE.

Guys I'm not an expert or professional just trying to help, if I have anything wrong please correct it for every body

Thank you

Mohamed
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

You are right Mohamed , This piece of equipment will shut the " check engine " light off and CPM will not run in the limb mode . This adaptor will stabilize the voltage reading sent by the O2 sensor to the CPM ( car computer ) as a fixed value at all times , in other words it will send false data to deceive the CPM which will act based on this and you will get the very same result as the " limb mode " . In my personal opinion its good solution for the check engine light but as a performance aspect it doesn't justify the money spent .

Just my 2 cent .
What goes around , comes around .