Skid plates!!

pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

Yes i know this has been asked a million times..but i am looking for a particular design and most of the shops i have seen say they cant do this or i feel they are ripping me off......looking for a skid plate somewhat similar to the one in the picture below but for a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder...any leads..?!?!?

pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

Bump!!??
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Pato

The Skid plat looks nice but from fixing style I'm telling you that this is a bad work because the skid plat is fixed directly on the bumper without a structure behind it. A skidplate like this will cost you around 2 k.

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

Hey Shams...i will tend to disagree...because that front bit of the bumper where the skid plate is screwed on if i remember correctly is the first chassis crossmember...solid piece of frame..but worry could be airbag pressure sensors if any...
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Proper skid plat shouldn't touch your bumper my dear ... After all ... Good luck
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

Yep...makes sense..
pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

ok...now that we on the subject...any recommendations...?...no..not icon...
Dave
Advance
Advance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1823[/ATTACH]AAA service center Rashidiya do custom work. Does not touch bumper and their work has saved my front end many a time!
pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

Now that is a super good looking Nissan...will call and find out....my my my....that car looks nice esp with those set of wheels..
Dave
Advance
Advance

Thanks Pato. I was offered a few options when fitting the skid plate. A more extreme fit involved trimming about 6 inches off the whole base of the bumper to give added clearance to the front end. There was another Patrol in the workshop which had this option and also a winch fitted above the plate. It looked pretty good but as I have a suspension lift and 35" tyres my front end generally stays out of trouble. There is a steel tube running behind the aluminium plate to add strength. This design does work well but best call the workshop and ask for Gordan. He will let you know if he can help with your Pathfinder. Be careful out on the dunes without protection as a friend of mine had a similar model to yours (Xterra) and hit a mound of sand at the base of a dune breaking his power steering line and pouring power steering fluid everywhere. This model Nissan seems to run the power steering line through the base of the radiator to aid with cooling the steering fluid. As a result my friend also ended up with a big hole in his radiator. It required a Unimog truck to get the 4x4 out of the desert as we could no longer run the motor!

Anyhow, good luck with your search. It will be money well spent and you will recover the cost pretty quick when you hit your first ditch!