2013 Nissan Patrol SWB Manual Cutoff

Waya

Dear Mr Shamsi
As you are aware on i have a 2 door Nissan patrol, and would like to remove the rev limiter as in the 2nd gear after a certain point the car comes to a hault and can be dangerous in many situation or would have to do second try, and would also like to add another 15-20 hp with the help of the program or unichip. Kindly advice should I just get the existing computer programmed or should I just connect a unichip from MOCA.*

As the car is still under warranty, I would not want the warranty to be voided, rather Nissan should not find out, I have changed the program or added a unichip.*
I*called Moca, they said by adding a unichip, it will increase horse power by 15hp approx if i added the headers and filter i could expect another 10 hp. The unichip will help in opening the speedometer ie. Open the speed. Tune for fuel efficiency thats it. It will not open the cut off. For cut off he recommended me some person name altaf, i called him up, he suggested changing the Ecu to 2003 model, and whenever i goto company for service i need to change to stock ecu and then go.*

I spoke to another person, he said he can program existing ecu which will open cut off and increase hp for Aed 2000*

Any suggestions...
Kindly advice.
delta83
Advance
Advance

I have the same issue with my patrol 2007 model 4.5 l , my advice to you, need more HP ... deflate one more psi :-) , try driving on 8 psi and check the difference , i dont recommend any mod for the ecu and engine as i can assure you that none of them has any clue what they rdoing, they just need your money, i have seen and drove with alot of modified patrol, none were working properly because all were tunned on dyno directly and without the rev limiter,
More advice, while driving watch your rpm , keep it at 4500 - 5000 rpm by adjusting your foot ( do not floor it to the max) , as well keep the patrol in diet an light weight specially combo tires and rims , hope this help and keep you out of sure coming problems when you modify the engine :-)
Dave
Advance
Advance

Good advice Delta. VTC engine gives around 280bhp and that combined with four tyres riding on 10psi and the relative light weight of a SWB Patrol should be sufficient power for most of the desert adventures around the UAE. Extra horsepower is nice but it always comes with a cost to both your wallet and engine reliability. If you are constantly hitting the rev limiter maybe the driving style needs to be adjusted to a little less aggressive approach!
AHMAD4X4
Club Member
Club Member

I second the guys that the 2013 Nissan Patrol SWB with a VTC engine is more than enough to conquer any part of the desert... Id rather spend the money on a lift kit, snorkel, or any other minor mod ... And in the future when the warranty expires you can mod the engine...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

delta83;34139 wrote:I have the same issue with my patrol 2007 model 4.5 l , my advice to you, need more HP ... deflate one more psi :-) , try driving on 8 psi and check the difference , i dont recommend any mod for the ecu and engine as i can assure you that none of them has any clue what they rdoing, they just need your money, i have seen and drove with alot of modified patrol, none were working properly because all were tunned on dyno directly and without the rev limiter,
More advice, while driving watch your rpm , keep it at 4500 - 5000 rpm by adjusting your foot ( do not floor it to the max) , as well keep the patrol in diet an light weight specially combo tires and rims , hope this help and keep you out of sure coming problems when you modify the engine :-)
Great reply from my student, I don't need to write anything
:like:
Waya

Dear Delta
I absolutely agree with your advice that mostly none of them have a perfect program to tune the Ecu. I will try to lower the psi to gain momentum on a long dune. Dave thank you for your inputs. Highly appreciated.
Cheif Marshal Caprihorse thank you for confirming deltas advice.
zeemmee

As per the pic, it seems you are using stock tires.

Its very Obvious that tires are the issue, Deflating will help you solve the problem for a while.

With stock tires Momentum is the key & Increasing the tire size surely will help.

AHMAD4X4;34145 wrote:I second the guys that the 2013 Nissan Patrol SWB with a VTC engine is more than enough to conquer any part of the desert... Id rather spend the money on a lift kit, snorkel, or any other minor mod ... And in the future when the warranty expires you can mod the engine...
:like:
muaz

if you start your off road with low PSI, that pressure will change for higher according to the weather temperature(i usually start with 8 and end up with 11).

try to add super fuel and observe your second gear.