Wrangler TJ (1997-2006) Roof Rack

yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear Off-Roaders,

I’m looking to install a roof rack on my wrangler TJ. I found that it is not possible to do camping with two adults and two kids with car seats in a Wrangler as there is no space left for camping gear.

Kindly note that I know all the disadvantages of roof rack and I can live with that as this is not my daily use car.

Please share your ideas, suggestion and thoughts about this, place to go for install/buy etc.

Regards,

Yasir
Maddie

Is it feasible to make independant cage mountings for the baby seats, remove the rear seat and store ur gear underneath? Or perhaps a tray over the rear tyre?
Maddie

Also, the rear seat can easily be raised 6 inches to take gear.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

I am not sure about the price ( maybe around 3k ) but I have one suggestion which maybe a cheaper and more efficient . why don't you sell the wrangler and buy a Cherokee ?
What goes around , comes around .
Suhail
Advance
Advance

Abu Jimmy;34096 wrote:I am not sure about the price ( maybe around 3k ) but I have one suggestion which maybe a cheaper and more efficient . why don't you sell the wrangler and buy a Cherokee ?
Hhhhhhh.. nice one Abu Jimmy :like:
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Abu Jimmy;34096 wrote:I am not sure about the price ( maybe around 3k ) but I have one suggestion which maybe a cheaper and more efficient . why don't you sell the wrangler and buy a Cherokee ?
I saw many options online range from 300$-1500$, will try to order from any reliable source.

Nice idea to change vehicle but will do it next year or later with new 4 door Jeep or Nissan.
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Maddie;34087 wrote:Also, the rear seat can easily be raised 6 inches to take gear.
I have a seprate storage box installed for tools between rear seat and tail gate, hence this option will not works for me.
ZAK_EGYPT

I went through this same excersise before for me 06TJ. Ends up with the best thing is to fix an outer cage ( bolt on/drill) so there will not be any load on the hardtop.
You can get it customized . Or you can check with my (bling my truck) or Ramy4x4 to get it from usa with their shipments , it will take some time but no other choice , its very rare or imppossible to find here in stock.

the nice brand was Garvin Wildrness Ind.

other midway solution: is to fix rear trail rack lower basket one and another on top of the spare tyre. Can be easily custom made or find it ready near Al awir / auto market area .

all the best
Maddie

[MENTION=2336]yasir[/MENTION] - any updates?
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Maddie;37109 wrote:@yasir - any updates?
Dear [MENTION=3837]Maddie[/MENTION],
Nothing found here, although saw many TJs with roof-rack in Dubai.