Rust Removal & Rust Proofing

FSL

Guys I need help...
if you know or tried any place where I can get Terminator treated for it's rusty under-body. It was parked in open for almost over a year so you can imagine how bad it will be.

I've spoken to couple of guys but expensive. I'm looking for a not too expensive rust removal (sand blasting) and I'll get it rust proofed afterwards.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

FSL;33889 wrote:Guys I need help...
if you know or tried any place where I can get Terminator treated for it's rusty under-body. It was parked in open for almost over a year so you can imagine how bad it will be.

I've spoken to couple of guys but expensive. I'm looking for a not too expensive rust removal (sand blasting) and I'll get it rust proofed afterwards.
Rust penetrates the material like cancer, sand blasting is cleaning the surface, rust-proofing is covering the surface. After a while (couple of months) rust explodes over rust-proofing and start to be visible. Do you have already rust holes, size of your finger?

You have two options:
  1. Forget rust-proofing and save the money for new spark plugs
  2. Make all the hassle with this useless job and never try to look underneath your car to avoid disappointment
I hope, I helped you :redbullsmiley:
delta83
Advance
Advance

as Capri mentioned, rust proofing is only a cover,
if there is a rust holes, this need to be treated, the common way is to cut around the rusted area, make sure all rust is removed then plated back in and fully welded , then you apply primer paint and rust proofing coat,
i fixed my second car (1997 model) in Um rammool area, don't remember the shop name , i had to fix it because if failed the RTA test, i think i paid 3000 for rust fixing and full body paint
cyanide

Would also like to add my question to rust. I got to know that washing cars in Sharjah service centers can make the car rusty because they use recycled water or some bad quality water and hence they are cheap as compared to Dubai car washing centers in Dubai they use DEWA that every one uses in their homes. Is this true or just some myth.
FSL

Thanks for your input guys...
The situation is not hopeless, it's just surface rust with no holes. I guess it can even be cleaned by a sand paper, may be I'll pay someone to do that :)

Capri, the thing is it's RTA that looks underneath the car. I have no problem with it :grin:
FSL

cyanide;33920 wrote:Would also like to add my question to rust. I got to know that washing cars in Sharjah service centers can make the car rusty because they use recycled water or some bad quality water and hence they are cheap as compared to Dubai car washing centers in Dubai they use DEWA that every one uses in their homes. Is this true or just some myth.
I think it's just a myth...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

FSL;33961 wrote:Thanks for your input guys...
The situation is not hopeless, it's just surface rust with no holes. I guess it can even be cleaned by a sand paper, may be I'll pay someone to do that :)

Capri, the thing is it's RTA that looks underneath the car. I have no problem with it :grin:
Sand paper will not do. And yes they are looking with torch for rust holes and sometimes with screwdriver.