Nissan patrol 98 model engine

maheshpkv

dear friends,
i have a Nissan patrol 98 model 4.5L, Y61, LWB. The engine is in a bad shape. planing to change it to 4.8L.
I need suggestion like where can i find good second hand engines and what are the things taken into consideration while buying a second hand engine and if possible for anyone to give me an idea about price .. great.

Am living in sharjah.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

maheshpkv;33854 wrote:dear friends,
i have a Nissan patrol 98 model 4.5L, Y61, LWB. The engine is in a bad shape. planing to change it to 4.8L.
I need suggestion like where can i find good second hand engines and what are the things taken into consideration while buying a second hand engine and if possible for anyone to give me an idea about price .. great.

Am living in sharjah.
Y61 4.5 and 4.8 are completely different cars. To replace engine means to replace not only engine, but the computer and harness as well, eventually gear box, which may effect the whole traction tract and differentials. Only engine on the market is around 25K. Better you sell and buy new or repair your current engine.
zeemmee

Yes, Chief is right, If u have a budget of 25k, then its worth the effort!
I Suggest take it to garage & get it checked by the Experts, so that u know the faults in 4.5 & how much to fix it.
Try to speak with my friend & garage owner in sharjah, Mr Rafaqat 0554453717 & I am Azeem, give him my reference. Good Luck!
maheshpkv

Thank you caprihorse,
You have answered all my querries.
Let me be more clear on these points
1 .should i change all the above mentioned parts, if I am planing to replace with 4.5L engine itself?
2. If am installing second hand engine will it coast 25k?
3.if so where can i get a good one in sharjah?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

maheshpkv;33877 wrote:Thank you caprihorse,
You have answered all my querries.
Let me be more clear on these points
1 .should i change all the above mentioned parts, if I am planing to replace with 4.5L engine itself?
2. If am installing second hand engine will it coast 25k?
3.if so where can i get a good one in sharjah?
Ad 1 - yes
Ad 2 - No, it will cost much more, approx. double, as you will discover other parts and bushings to be replaced and additionally buying second hand engine will demand also some parts to be replaced also in the engine itself, plus cost for the labour.
Ad 3 - Check with the shop Abna Dimashq, 065423060
maheshpkv

Thank you azeem..I will follow that