Where to buy the rated equipment

desert_jellyfish

MOMOBELGI;35067 wrote:I had the same problem until I found that in the desert is a completely different scenario, if you need to lift your car in the desert it is because you had a problem either a pop-out or got stack. Meaning that your car body is close enough to the sand, and so your jack will be able to lift your car and don't forget to use a wooden plate which also help you with one or two inches. And if the tire is not lifted fully, you are able to use your shovel to remove a little bit of sand below the tire...
Thanks for the clarification Momo! I was starting to get a little bit worried :p i got the wooden plate on the same shopping trip as the jack....i guess all will be tried and discovered in the sand

Thanks again!

*if anyone else feels like adding to the above please feel free*
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

The lowest point in your Wrangler that is suitable for using the jack is the lower control arm bracket .
What goes around , comes around .
desert_jellyfish

Abu Jimmy;35073 wrote:The lowest point in your Wrangler that is suitable for using the jack is the lower control arm bracket .
Thank you Abu Jimmy.....a new name into my dictionary!

and yes, that's the point i used
marcinou
Club Member
Club Member

Hi everyone.
Well, for the Kangda KD 868 Radio set UHF --> Dragon mart (BAI 05,13), I went to their shop in Dragon Mart and they are out of stock :-(
They said they are the only importers of this model, as this is their factory that manufactures it in PRC .... They don't expect to have any new shipment soon :-(

They proposed me instead the BAOHUI BH-918, they said it's less powerful than the Kanga one, but both come from the same factory.
Any advice on this model, or any suitable alternative for the Kangda KD 868 ?

Thanks a lot for any advice

Marcin

Sridhar

Hi marcinou,

I was at the shop last Saturday and was told that a new consignment was due in about 3 weeks time. If you can't wait that long and still want to get a K-868, you could do as I did - I bought another radio (can't remember the model) from the same shop with a promise for exchange with K-868 once available. After the stock arrived, they kept the promise and exchanged the radio, and I paid the difference in price.

Other knowledgeable members can help you with alternate models if you don't wish to pursue the above options.
Maddie

I have a Kangda with Charger that I want to sell for 170 as well as a Camel Brand Compressor for 170 in very good condition. Do PM me if interested.
Duli

marcinou;35407 wrote:Hi everyone.
Well, for the Kangda KD 868 Radio set UHF --> Dragon mart (BAI 05,13), I went to their shop in Dragon Mart and they are out of stock :-(
They said they are the only importers of this model, as this is their factory that manufactures it in PRC .... They don't expect to have any new shipment soon :-(

They proposed me instead the BAOHUI BH-918, they said it's less powerful than the Kanga one, but both come from the same factory.
Any advice on this model, or any suitable alternative for the Kangda KD 868 ?

Thanks a lot for any advice

Marcin

Hi... I am using the baohui 918. It's been 3 months now and am very happy with it. Haven't caved any problem in terms of range or clarity
Sacha
Intermediate
Intermediate

My two cents:

• A rated (approved) snatch strap - I just got a viking rope from the almost garage and used it for the first time yesterday, they are awesome!
  • 2 Rated Shackles - AEV, Speedex, ACE, Rami all have good rated hardware.
  • Rated Hook - Same as above but availability can be spotty and you may have to look around a bit.
  • Shovel - I found a nice aluminium one with a really big pan at Ace but they seem to be out of stock a lot. Carrefour has as well.
  • Air compressor - I skipped Dragon Mart on this one and got one a Fat Max at Ace. (this is an edit) I regret it. I paid three times as much for a compressor that is less powerful. Go the Dragon Mart route!
  • Base plate for jacking vehicle - I used a Hi-Lift Jack so I used the Hi-lift jack plate. I had to add rock sliders (Attached to chassis) to create proper hard points for it. If you are going to use a Hi-lift that is something to think about.
  • Tyre deflator/pins/valves - I bought a nice deflater from Rami that works fine. I also bought a gauge and pin remover from Ace. Valves and spare pins can be got for next to nothing at any tire store.
  • Wrench Tools - For my money Speedex has the best selection of quality hand tools, they are not cheap but I prefer tools that will last forever.
  • Spark plug wrench - I wanted to get one that had a hinged socket (the plugs on a JK can be hard to reach) looked around at Ace, Speedex and many other tool stores in Al Qouz and was only able to find 22mm ones(JK requires 16mm). Finally found one at Golden Tools Trading which is beside the Honda dealership on SZR. They also have a great selection of spare fuses.
  • Fire extinguisher (Dry Powder) - Stock
  • Flag pole including flag - AEV has a great fiberglass one that breaks down and mounts nicely.
  • Communication device (Walkie-talkie) - Dragon Mart is the only choice. I have three from there (2UHF and 1 VHF) they are all different makes and all work fine.
  • GPS - Garmin 650 or 600. I got mine at Sharaf DG in MOE.
  • Jerrycan - I have two. I bought a nice 20L metal Jerry can at Speedex. I also bought two 10L plastic cans that mount to the spare wheel at AEV. I like them but they were starting to come loose from their mounting so I now reinforce them with a ratchet strap. Problem solved.