Help to find a 2.5 lift for Wrangler TJ

Bigmorais
Club Member
Club Member

caprihorse;33439 wrote:What you mean by "to change suspension"? For bigger tyres, you don't need to lift...
Hi, my suspension its old and i need to put a new one, and i found this rough country 2.5 wiht shocks and coils, thats why i talk about the lift. And i thinking to put 32 tires or 31.
Maddie

caprihorse;33439 wrote:What you mean by "to change suspension"? For bigger tyres, you don't need to lift...
To put tyres 32 inch or larger with wider rims on a stock TJ, a lift is required or th tyres will definitely rub on even smaller dunes.

Stock tyres on most TJs were 29.5 inch with Rubicon coming with slightly larger tyres and stiffer suspension.
Adnan
Advance
Advance

Bigmorais;33441 wrote:Hi, my suspension its old and i need to put a new one, and i found this rough country 2.5 with shocks and coils, thats why i talk about the lift. And i thinking to put 32 tires or 31.
Bigger size tyre means more load on gear box leading to ➡️ ➡️ less climbing power !!!
bigger size without lifting / spacers will definitely rubbing off fenders and hard shocking

anyway, ( rough country ) is NOT recommended for wranglers coz it's light weight whereas rough country suspensions needs more weight to operate / open them at the least.

should you need more clarifications please call me coz I tried them previously.

My 0.02 fils of advice
Bigmorais
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks for the ideas