Need advice on tyres -

Rafiki
Club Member
Club Member

Hi

I haven't had the opportunity of embarking in a trip with the club since my schedule is very tricky. However I would appreciate if you can advice me on the tyre chapter and soon enough I will be able to join you.

I have a Pajero, Short Wheel Based, 2005 and I'm in urgent need for new tyres. I heard it's not the best desert car but it's what I have now and I'm sure it can still provide me good times.

From what I read, Cooper at3 or yokohama geolanders would be good options for all terrain, including comfort on the road. What are your opinions, where can I find it and how much am I expecting to pay for 4, 16 inch tyres.

thanks
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Rafiki

For your car I would say go for Cooper H/T which is going to be a better option. The price will be between 550 to 600 dhs. For 265/75/16

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Rafiki
Club Member
Club Member

Thank you very much. So you think HT would be better than at3 in my case?! And can I find them easily in Sharjah or is there a specific place?
lizzy
Club Member
Club Member

If you think you'll be offroading in the dunes and mountains (tracks and wadis) I'd go for the Yokohama Geolander AT-S, which will meet your posted expectations.
Maddie

Rafiki, how much offroading do you plan on doing? The opinions differ, most have dedicated offroad rigs, every wekend or holiday for them is enough to head to the desert. They will say 'aggressive pattern' in a jiffy.
Bu Salem has given you the perfect opinion I think. Go for H/T. Believe me, the sound of A/Ts on a daily ride is not something youd want, let alone the MTs. Stay well away from BFGs ~ they are heavy, they are noisy BUT they are sand eaters ~ the best and at 900+ usually , the more expensive option too.
Maddie

OH and I forgot to add one thing. I'm saving up for 5 BFGs ATs :smile:
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Maddie;33240 wrote:OH and I forgot to add one thing. I'm saving up for 5 BFGs ATs :smile:
Me Too!!
Rafiki
Club Member
Club Member

Thank you guys. Since it's not every week that I go offroad, I think I'll follow your lead and go for the HT. Thanks and good luck with your savings ;)