Wrangler YJs any good?

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

iJanab;32614 wrote:Hi all,

... how reliable these jeeps are? Are the spare parts available easily? As last thing I want is to pick a cheap 4x4 and end up going to garage after every trip ...
As a Nissan lover and freak, I must tell you, that if you buy any second hand Peep, you will finish after few hours of desert driving on every Friday, for the next week in a garage, which you will select randomly as you will not be satisfied with the services and you will be browsing all Sharjah scrap yards for second hand parts, as the repairs will eat up all your and family budget and your wife will threaten you with divorce, your kids will be looking strangely at you and secretly whispering the words, which from the distance may sound like looser, amateur and thet will be hiding in front of you their R/C models...
:patapon:
iJanab
Club Member
Club Member

Hi Louise, I will give you a call tomorrow..
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

iJanab;32636 wrote:Yes I think that RTA is a must when buying second hand car until and unless you know a very good garage who can do the check up for you...

Maddie, is your mate planing to sell his XJ? or leaving it parked for you to adore :pacman:
RTA is definitely right place where to check the car, they have very nice equipment to measure CO and oxygen...
iJanab
Club Member
Club Member

lol thanks Caprihouse for portraying my future with a Jeep, just what I needed ;)

On a serious note, I love the Nissan as well but every second car I saw in the desert was a wrangler.. So they must have something which makes the off roading community fall for them..
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

iJanab;32643 wrote:lol thanks Caprihouse for portraying my future with a Jeep, just what I needed ;)

On a serious note, I love the Nissan as well but every second car I saw in the desert was a wrangler.. So they must have something which makes the off roading community fall for them..
Yes, you are right, you can see lots of Wronglers in a desert, driven by innocent, nothing knowing Newbies, who are judging the car based on visual look and not based on a serious research. You can see also lots of Pajeros; do you think they are good as well?
Suhail
Advance
Advance

caprihorse;32638 wrote:As a Nissan lover and freak, I must tell you, that if you buy any second hand Peep, you will finish after few hours of desert driving on every Friday, for the next week in a garage, which you will select randomly as you will not be satisfied with the services and you will be browsing all Sharjah scrap yards for second hand parts, as the repairs will eat up all your and family budget and your wife will threaten you with divorce, your kids will be looking strangely at you and secretly whispering the words, which from the distance may sound like looser, amateur and thet will be hiding in front of you their R/C models...
:patapon:
From my experience with Jeep.. i totally agree with Capri :like:
iJanab
Club Member
Club Member

caprihorse;32644 wrote:judging the car based on visual look and not based on a serious research.

Is that why 3 of the marshals were driving wranglers on that day :)
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jeeps are jeeps ...... love them or leave them .....

A jeep would teach you on how to be sensitive with how the car runs and reacts to the abuse ...... you will gain automotive mechanical knowledge just by owning one ..... lol
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

iJanab;32648 wrote:Is that why 3 of the marshals were driving wranglers on that day :)
See carefully what they are driving... these were not second hand models...