Wrangler YJs any good?

Maddie

All said and done, the YJ is a bullet proof beast. Its bon jarring though but its ability offroad is uncomparable to a TJ or even a JK, which are a lot more refined.

Moonlight, your YJ is a 4.2?

A Nissan is a 9-5 clerks job, safe and secure whilst a Jeep is customer service - unpredictable.

Chief, you missed the fun of a Jeep !

Ijanab ~ the XJ in my hand is bone stock. Needs basic work like brakes, tyres, fluid changes, a spare tyre, radator flushing, a new engine mounting (this is what Chief is talking about).

And after that, it will be lowered, MSD coil, stage 2 cam with HD springs, hi flow oil pump and water pump. ... The list goes on !
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

strawb;32649 wrote:Jeeps are jeeps ...... love them or leave them .....

A jeep would teach you on how to be sensitive with how the car runs and reacts to the abuse ...... you will gain automotive mechanical knowledge just by owning one ..... lol
:like:
What goes around , comes around .
iJanab
Club Member
Club Member

Okay I think I get the drift.. Jeep will be ideal if someone don't want mind a car which can't go far between the workshops and they don't mind carrying a entire sets of tool for a "just in case" scenario.. :)

Thanks guys.. I will look around what else is out there..!
zeemmee

Suhail;32645 wrote:From my experience with Jeep.. i totally agree with Capri :like:
WHEN is ur FJ Comming?? Sohail bhai??
iJanab;32664 wrote:Okay I think I get the drift.. Jeep will be ideal if someone don't want mind a car which can't go far between the workshops and they don't mind carrying a entire sets of tool for a "just in case" scenario.. :)

Thanks guys.. I will look around what else is out there..!
Now that you have enough to start with, Good Luck, bro!
Maddie

Iskander;32655 wrote:Are you serious? You want to lower your Jeep? That is a Crime towards the Car.
have you ever seen an lowered Jeep in the Desert.
Iskander, strictly onrroad daily use Bro... For the desert I have Grumble
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

to give you a summary of cars you can look at or look out for in the market within the budget (15-40k range)

1997-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ (2004 models are known to have the beefiest transmissions in the TJ bracket)
2007 Jeep Wrangler JK (if your lucky)
1996-2004 Nissan Pathfinder (2nd Generation R50 series)
1997-2002 Nissan Patrol (Y61 series)

my suggestions above are purely based on the knowledge i have now into offroading ...... some may think otherwise ...... but if i had 40k on me to buy a 2nd hand offroad dedicated car ....... id look into the above 4x4s

and a manual gearbox will always be macho ........ hehe

cheers
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

strawb;32705 wrote:to give you a summary of cars you can look at or look out for in the market within the budget (15-40k range)

1997-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ (2004 models are known to have the beefiest transmissions in the TJ bracket)
2007 Jeep Wrangler JK (if your lucky)
1996-2004 Nissan Pathfinder (2nd Generation R50 series)
1997-2002 Nissan Patrol (Y61 series)

my suggestions above are purely based on the knowledge i have now into offroading ...... some may think otherwise ...... but if i had 40k on me to buy a 2nd hand offroad dedicated car ....... id look into the above 4x4s

and a manual gearbox will always be macho ........ hehe

cheers
Small correction:

2001-2005 Nissan Pathfinder (2nd Generation R50 series)
1997-2013 Nissan Patrol (Y61 series)
Adnan
Advance
Advance

Moonlight;32637 wrote:Hi Adnan,

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your first off road trip and that you are interested in a YJ.....................Louis [URL="tel:050 4532"]050 4532[/URL] 764.
???!!!!!! Do you mean me by "Adnan" ?!!!
if yes, may you you mistake , as I neither drive YJ nor remember my first drive,,,, hahaha,,,, nevertheless all Jeep things I am so happy in my TJ which really gives you the actual essence taste of off road with due respect to all other luxury cars