Which tyres on a Wrangler

desert_jellyfish

Hi guys....i'm gonna need new tires in about 2-3 months time and was looking at something that would fit my stock rims.

at the moment i'm driving a 2012 JK Sahara with stock 17 inch rims and GoodYear Wrangler P245/75R17 tires.....saw the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 33x12.5R17LT

very close in size and i like the thread of it and from the reviews i read online, their road noise is quite low which is good, wanted to get your opinion before deciding on them.

I also read a lot about the BFG T/A All Terrain which i'm looking into as well.

your suggestions and feedback is much appreciated!
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Most of the senior JK owners i the club use BF Goodrich T/A All Terrain tires cos they simply work both on and off road ...... 3 ply side walls with tire threads which hold very good grip on soft sand ...... plus they look awesome

cheers
desert_jellyfish

Thanks for your input and your sms strawb!

look forward to meeting you later...
Adnan
Advance
Advance

Fat Rabbit;33470 wrote:Any idea where the BFG T/A All Terrain tires are manufactured? .
  • Greenville, south Carolina, USA
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Everyone as a different experience and consequently different opinion on tyres, I will not tell you which are the best tires for your car because simply I don't know, but I can tell you that I have BF M/T on my RAM and same tires on the JK (2013) and so far, they are the best tires with the best performance we have had.
I am not saying that they are the best, but FOR ME they are.....
Cheers
desert_jellyfish

Thanks Yoghy!

i understand your point and appreciate your input and opinion of the best tyre for you.
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fat Rabbit;33470 wrote:Planning to go to Al Futtaim (Tyre Plus @ Emarat petrol station) on Saturday for my new tires.
Did you manage to get your BFG Tyres at the weekend from Tyre Plus? Please share your experience as I still havent managed to get mine sorted?
Fat Rabbit

Yaaaayyyyyy..!!!!! Yup I finally got my BFG T/A All Terrain tires, all 5 of them. Cant wait to try them out on Saturday's drive.

I contacted Reyaz (thanx Strawb and Mazaaj for the number), but they didnt have it in stock and would need a couple of days to order it from Abu Dhabi.

In the same thread, Dave had given a good review about Mostafa and his dad (owner of Formula Tyres Trading) and gave a contact number too (Thanks Dave). Called Mostafa, they had it in stock and yipppeeeee. Cost AED 850 per tire plus AED 150 for wheel alignment. Good price, good service.

In Tyre Plus (Emarat) the good thing is that they do nitrogen and wheel alignment free of cost. Both companies give free rotation every 10,000 kms upto 40,000 kms.

Oh and did I mention, I cant wait to try out the new tires on Saturday.. Yaaayyyy. Thanks everyone for helping me decide on which tires to go for.
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
Fat Rabbit

No drive this Saturday for Newbies (Desert First Contract reserved for CMs only). So I guess Roxanne's new joggers will have to wait for another time :)
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
Camel Spider
Club Member
Club Member

Hey guys, Im in the market for some different tyres. Purchased a 2003 TJ which came with 33inch Deestone Mud-crawlers. The tread is ridiculous on them and personally I think the 33 is too big for the TJ. The engine hasn't had its ring and Pinion changed so it sounds under stress all the time. Especially with these draggy tyres i just seems to have no power going up a dune. I was thinking a 32 or even a 31. What would you guys suggest? It has a 3 inch OME lift. I see BFG all terrains sound like a good plan, Id like to use the jeep more as a second car as well so has to be useable on the road as well. The Mud crawlers are just too loud.