Which tyres on a Wrangler

Fat Rabbit

Abu Jimmy;32947 wrote: Regarding the size of the tyres , I would recommend 32x11.5x15 as they will provide better grip for the wrangler . ( Al Khatib is using 33x12.5x15 ) as for the XJ we use 31x10.5x15 because the vehicle is more stable and has less power comparing to the TJ .
Okay so hello again.

Reading the reviews of the marshals and other experienced off roaders, i have set my heart on BFG T/A all terrain tires. But now am confused about the tire size.

My TJ with a 2 inch lift kit currently sports a 31 x 10.5 R15 LR tire, but Abu Jimmy recommends 32x11.5x15. Al Khatib uses 33x12.5x15, while the XJ uses the tires that my TJ has.

What difference do the tire size make (forgive my ignorance pls) and any recommendations about my TJ tire size? Thanx.
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
Adnan
Advance
Advance

As long as 2" lift kit I'd recommend 31" size of tires otherwise prepare your jeep to avoid fenders hitting and to lock the steering just before the full turn.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Fat Rabbit;33254 wrote:Okay so hello again.

Reading the reviews of the marshals and other experienced off roaders, i have set my heart on BFG T/A all terrain tires. But now am confused about the tire size.

My TJ with a 2 inch lift kit currently sports a 31 x 10.5 R15 LR tire, but Abu Jimmy recommends 32x11.5x15. Al Khatib uses 33x12.5x15, while the XJ uses the tires that my TJ has.

What difference do the tire size make (forgive my ignorance pls) and any recommendations about my TJ tire size? Thanx.
My recommendation was exclusively for Green Giant as he has different settings & lift . I agree with Adnans recommendation for your car , just stick with the current size you are using .
What goes around , comes around .
Fat Rabbit

Abu Jimmy;33281 wrote:My recommendation was exclusively for Green Giant as he has different settings & lift . I agree with Adnans recommendation for your car , just stick with the current size you are using .
Aaaahhhh okay...Thanks Abu Jimmy & Adnan.

One last thingie... BFG T/A all terrain or mud terrain. Which is better for the desert? Thanx.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fat Rabbit;33284 wrote:Aaaahhhh okay...Thanks Abu Jimmy & Adnan.

One last thingie... BFG T/A all terrain or mud terrain. Which is better for the desert? Thanx.
For the sand desert are the best mud tyres. They dig into the sand faster as A/T tyres and provide enough material for the entertainment of audience, photo shoot and MDG sticker distribution. The weight of these tyres also contributes to the safety of the driver, as it reduces car power and limits the driver to drive there, where he shouldn't be at all.
:playingsmiley::killzonesmiley:
Suhail
Advance
Advance

Mud terrain tires are very heavy, and in the sand are useless..
Fat Rabbit

Thank you Caprihorse & Suhail. Much appreciated.

Found the MDG sticker distribution by Capri quite funny :)
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Fat Rabbit;33284 wrote:Aaaahhhh okay...Thanks Abu Jimmy & Adnan.

BFG T/A all terrain ...:thumbsup:
What goes around , comes around .
Fat Rabbit

Any idea where the BFG T/A All Terrain tires are manufactured? Asking because some tires have multiple manufacturing locations (countries) and the price varies accordingly for the same brand. Al Futtaim for example, has a different price for Japanese and Korean manufactured tires for the same brand (I forgot which one, I think it was Dunlop).

Planning to go to Al Futtaim (Tyre Plus @ Emarat petrol station) on Saturday for my new tires.