Worth It?

desert_jellyfish

strawb;31956 wrote:we use HID (china) spread on top of the bumper, fog lamp in the bumper and the windshield

350aed for the small ones and 400aed for the big ones

Hi Strawb

first off, nice rides! I think I've seen them a couple of times when picking up my cousins from discovery gardens.....beautiful beasts, especially the black one!

i think i'm gonna go for the ones on top of the bumper.....but do i have to change the stock bumper for that or can i place them on the OEM one?
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

caprihorse;31902 wrote:The ideal solution is to to have 4 Xenon lights mounted on the front bumper. Two in the middle as spot and two on the sides as flood lights.
If you are using just two, so use flood lights.

after trying all types of lights and combinations ... what Caprihorse mentioned .. is my setup on my Patrol
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
desert_jellyfish

alshamsi_m;31960 wrote:after trying all types of lights and combinations ... what Caprihorse mentioned .. is my setup on my Patrol
and it sounds just about right.....i think i'll most probably go ahead with this setup, just wondering if i can install them on my stock bumper or if I'll need to upgrade to the metal ones
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

strawb;31956 wrote:we use HID (china) spread on top of the bumper, fog lamp in the bumper and the windshield

350aed for the small ones and 400aed for the big ones

Hey Strawb - where is the best place to purchase HID lamps similar to yours as I want to replace my fogs/spots?
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

M0K11;31959 wrote:Hi Strawb

first off, nice rides! I think I've seen them a couple of times when picking up my cousins from discovery gardens.....beautiful beasts, especially the black one!

i think i'm gonna go for the ones on top of the bumper.....but do i have to change the stock bumper for that or can i place them on the OEM one?
You can install them on the stock bumper with custom brackets

You can see them on lamboo's jk
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

These are availble in sharjah as well as al awir ...... just look for the contact i placed of where to buy the jerry cans for the liwa trip .....

Its called daimirdad in al awir and the hid's are available there for the price i mentioned ....... bring your negotiation skills
desert_jellyfish

strawb;31968 wrote:You can install them on the stock bumper with custom brackets

You can see them on lamboo's jk
That's great to know! Sent lamboo a pm requesting a few pics of his ride and some more info on the lights....thx for the referral Strawb
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

The chinese HID's that most of us have are the chinese counterparts of the rugged ridge HID's which you can google for info ..... dont know if they have the same light power but they do look the same and they work theway we want to for the price were getting them for
Humanfaith

check this if can be of any help

[video=youtube;Fpw8rpCeGfU][/video]
desert_jellyfish

Humanfaith;31993 wrote:check this if can be of any help

[video=youtube;Fpw8rpCeGfU][/video]
Wooow!! Very much a help, thx bro

i think i'll just go for the spot light bar on the bumper...seems like the best idea so far