Worth It?

desert_jellyfish

Hi guys,

I was browsing through dubizzle and came across the below.....JK mirrors with LED lights on the back (kinda like the FJ - but nicer :XD:)

http://goo.gl/A3iIqa

caught my eye honestly! contemplating whether to get them or not.....should i go for these or just get off road lights on each side of the hood like below?

http://goo.gl/enS0h4

appreciate your opinion and suggestions!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Mok11

From experience with jeeps in our club , the front xenon with wide angle are the best. The on top of the hood will create reflection that will effect your night drive.

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
desert_jellyfish

alshamsi_m;31896 wrote:Hi Mok11

From experience with jeeps in our club , the front xenon with wide angle are the best. The on top of the hood will create reflection that will effect your night drive.

Regards
Never though of that! Thx for the eye-openner

Hoping to start coming back on the trips starting next week inshallah! See you soon Bu Salem and all Almosters
Black_Shrek

Whatever you chose, make sure its flood light, not spot. Ive been shoppin lately for aux lights and 99% here are spot, useless in desert for driving, but only good if you try locating a lost soul :-)
desert_jellyfish

Black_Shrek;31898 wrote:Whatever you chose, make sure its flood light, not spot. Ive been shoppin lately for aux lights and 99% here are spot, useless in desert for driving, but only good if you try locating a lost soul :-)
Hahaha, flood light it is! Thx Black_Shrek
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Black_Shrek;31898 wrote:Whatever you chose, make sure its flood light, not spot. Ive been shoppin lately for aux lights and 99% here are spot, useless in desert for driving, but only good if you try locating a lost soul :-)
The ideal solution is to to have 4 Xenon lights mounted on the front bumper. Two in the middle as spot and two on the sides as flood lights.
If you are using just two, so use flood lights.
desert_jellyfish

caprihorse;31902 wrote:The ideal solution is to to have 4 Xenon lights mounted on the front bumper. Two in the middle as spot and two on the sides as flood lights.
If you are using just two, so use flood lights.
Great mix caprihorse...thx for the suggestion!
ZAK_EGYPT

As Capri mentioned the mix is the better :)

my setup:
2 Lights on the front Pumper - Drive Lights (Flood)
2 Lights on the wind shield - Long Range ( Spot )
1 Led bar on the roof ( Flood)
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

we use HID (china) spread on top of the bumper, fog lamp in the bumper and the windshield

350aed for the small ones and 400aed for the big ones

desert_jellyfish

ZAK_EGYPT;31954 wrote:As Capri mentioned the mix is the better :)

my setup:
2 Lights on the front Pumper - Drive Lights (Flood)
2 Lights on the wind shield - Long Range ( Spot )
1 Led bar on the roof ( Flood)
Thanks Zak....nice set up! wondering if the LED on the roof and the spot on the windshield are really necessary though, if they do glare back off the hood then it's more of a disadvantage than an advantage is it not?