After market Wheels

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Get gtwheels. For the liberty i would suggest getting 15"x8" size rims

It would be around 1200-1300aed for 5pcs in sharjah bmw road
Maddie

Hi Red Shark,

I bought 16x8 gtwheels for 750 cash + TJ Wrangler alloy wheels in Very good condition in lieu of 300 dirhams, from Sharjah. Also, I fitted them with Metal stem valves, which I bought from Almost4x4 Workshop for 100 Dirhams, which allow for very fast deflation, when compared to Rubber stem valves (personal impression). The wheels are very light, have little back spacing, hence a wider foot print (like you have with spacers).

For my spare, I have a 31x10.5x15BFG on a rim from a cherokee, similiar to yours.

After Sahara Centre, its the shop with Almost sticker, I think its Ardh Al Emarat tyres.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Any off-road accessories buy decision is influenced by two factors : -

1- logic , reason , mind & rational thinking . in that case you concentrate mentally on one factor , " what value do I get for my money " . does this item am buying worth it or not regardless of shape , style , color ...etc .

2- emotions , heart , taste & sensational thinking . in that case you will concentrate on one factor , " fashion " . does this item am buying " branded " or not , regardless of its price .

so many times I find it really hard to reach this harmony status of buying something I really like for a reasonable price but with experience you find out that a 240 DH Chinese air compressor is much faster and more practical than a 1000 DH Bush Ranger air compressor from Ace Hardware . On the other hand a 100 DH metal stem valves & a 200 DH E-Z deflator are a must . ( you simply cannot go for cheap quality items ) .

Regarding the rims , your options are :-

1- Branded high-quality & up to date in rims fashion world . ( one set , 4000 to 6000 AED )
- Pro Comp
- Method
- Mickey Thomson

2- Non-branded very good quality & classic decent style . ( one set , 1000 to 1200 AED )
- G.T. wheel
- Off-Road
- Daytona 4x4

The branded rims are : 10% lighter & 10% harder than the non branded ones , for x5 the value . You do the math ...!!!!!!!!! :yarr:
What goes around , comes around .
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

RedShark;30848 wrote:Thank you Abo Jimmy,

very well sayed , i like your analysis.

I think will go with non-branded ones :) don't want to spend much on the liberty (any more)

Currently i have 245/70/16 on stock steel 7" wide wheels with 5.5" backspace

I have around 2.5-3.0 inch lift right now ,so wanted to go little bigger thinking it will improve desert driving (correct me if am wrong plz)

thinking to go for 265/70/16 on 8" wheels and 4.0-4.5 inch backspace

you think this will work ok ,or will touch fenders in front ?

I prefer if you try to fix 265/70/15 with zero off-set rims ( minimum back space ) if possible . otherwise try to go 265/65/16 as I think the 265/70/16 on 8" wheels and 4.0-4.5 inch backspace will rub the fender well.
Maddie

Abu Jimmy - I want to go 16x10 on the TJ, its has no lift, only Malaysian Yellow Shocks. Do you advise it? I will lift it in a month, two inches with TJM Shocks and Sanayia Springs and drop the transfer case one inch.

Red Shark - PM/whatsapp me if you want to buy my rims. I'll include the Metal Stem Valves. The Rims are scratchless.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Maddie;30879 wrote:Abu Jimmy - I want to go 16x10 on the TJ, its has no lift, only Malaysian Yellow Shocks. Do you advise it? I will lift it in a month, two inches with TJM Shocks and Sanayia Springs and drop the transfer case one inch.

Red Shark - PM/whatsapp me if you want to buy my rims. I'll include the Metal Stem Valves. The Rims are scratchless.
What Tyre size & tread are you running ?