Nissan pathfinder

Muhittin

This answer is comprehensive, thanks a lot.:like:
pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

caprihorse;34231 wrote:Hello pato, I had R50 before as R51 is not built for off-roading at all. It's a great car on road, but try to reconsider R51, to replace it with Patrol as your model will start consume more and more parts and you will finish in endless circle, few hours in off-roading and few weeks in garage...
Cau Capri....yes yes....I agree with replacing this fat gal with the Y61...as of now...1yr on...must say...nothing but regular oil and filter changes...not even alignment going off....or maybe the driver has aquired a few skills...unfortunately not with ALMOST 4x4 as my friday program clashes with everyone else...none the less... Y61 is definitely in the cards...or maybe....2014 NISSAN Frontier PRO-4X that seems we will not get here
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2098[/ATTACH]
Dave
Advance
Advance

[quote=caprihorse;34296]

Nissan Policy is to have Patrol Y61 for off-roading and younger Y62 as luxury off-road model.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2099[/ATTACH]
Dave
Advance
Advance

Hi @pato, I have to support [MENTION=955]caprihorse[/MENTION] when he says Nissan's policy now is that the Y61 is its true current off-roader. I am on my 2nd Y61 having had a Y60 prior. All three have been fantastic in reliability and now with the 4.8 VTC engine performance is more than sufficient! I only wonder how long more it will be produced. Like the current Land Rover Defender, all good things are coming to an end in sacrifice of luxury and a good school run SUV!
Muhittin

caprihorse;34296 wrote:Nissan Pathfinder was produced in two variants (R50), engine 3.3L, which was very weak (167HP), until 2001 and then Nissan improved with one of the best V6 engines ever produced, VQ35DE (240HP @ Pathfinder) between 2001 and 2005.
After R50, was coming to the market 4L R51, the same engine used in X-Terra, but the car not capable for desert.

The latest model R52 is again using 3.5L VQ35DE, but it is crossover and again not capable for the desert. Nissan Policy is to have Patrol Y61 for off-roading and younger Y62 as luxury off-road model.

So coming to your question, you should look for the model equipped with VQ35DE, 3.5L, preferably with M/T, produced between 2001 and 2005.
Dear [MENTION=955]caprihorse[/MENTION], i found this beauty Pathfinder 2005. 3.5 V6 XE-S. I am not sure about the engine model if it is the same as what you mentioned up here. Moreover, it does not have a rear hitch, and the tire is below maybe blocking the way, do you think that we can fix the hitch and keep the tire down below? or we must shift it up inside the car?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Muhittin;38629 wrote:Dear @caprihorse, i found this beauty Pathfinder 2005. 3.5 V6 XE-S. I am not sure about the engine model if it is the same as what you mentioned up here. Moreover, it does not have a rear hitch, and the tire is below maybe blocking the way, do you think that we can fix the hitch and keep the tire down below? or we must shift it up inside the car?
Engine is OK here. Rear towing point you can get at Icon.

But I didn't get your comment regarding the tyres.
Arun Pandyat

caprihorse;38650 wrote:Engine is OK here. Rear towing point you can get at Icon.

But I didn't get your comment regarding the tyres.
If I understand @Muhittin properly, his concern is the spare tyre is located underneath of the trunk and he is asking whether he need to remove the spare tyre from there and keep it inside the trunk or fix somewhere in the car. All this is for attaching the rear towing point.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arun Pandyat;38654 wrote:If I understand @Muhittin properly, his concern is the spare tyre is located underneath of the trunk and he is asking whether he need to remove the spare tyre from there and keep it inside the trunk or fix somewhere in the car. All this is for attaching the rear towing point.
Thanks for the translation :057:

New towing bar is installed into the existing holes, so it is very robust. It is not touching spare tyre at all and tyre can be removed the standard way. The best would be to see at Oxana's Legend.
Muhittin

Hello guys, thanks for the input, during the last camp and drive, i've got the chance to check 3 pathys, and yes they had fix the hitch without removing the tire from the rear bottom of the car.

regards.
Arun Pandyat

caprihorse;38665 wrote:Thanks for the translation :057:

New towing bar is installed into the existing holes, so it is very robust. It is not touching spare tyre at all and tyre can be removed the standard way. The best would be to see at Oxana's Legend.
Thank you Capri for your advice...