Nissan pathfinder

Arun Pandyat

hi Sridhar,

Try this work (Grace star) shop at Al Quoz. His name is Dinesh and mob - 052-8304158.

Arun
Sridhar

Hi Arun,

Many thanks for the details. Will get my car fixed soon.
Arun Pandyat

You are welcome Sridhar...
pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

Capri??...Ako ca mas?!.....i too have an R51...done a few sandy runs...and yes...very first outing while waiting for the OME kit to arrive...left the bumper, fog lamps and number plate at fossil rock...next weekend left the rear one in Showka while wadi bashing...OME kit landed made a trip to the scrappers in SHJ for new plastic cladding, 2'' heels and Cooper Discoverer AT/3 shoes later...still wadi bashing and a few dunes and the plastic is still on...for now....driving with my balls in my hand...but loving the car....as for parts it would be same as for 2nd Gen Xterra...thats the same thing i do with my 2005 Skoda Fabia...i just head to VW give them part number or tell them 2005 VW Polo.....and presto!!...parts come flying out of the warehouse
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

pato mwazi;34221 wrote:Capri??...Ako ca mas?!.....i too have an R51...done a few sandy runs...and yes...very first outing while waiting for the OME kit to arrive...left the bumper, fog lamps and number plate at fossil rock...next weekend left the rear one in Showka while wadi bashing...OME kit landed made a trip to the scrappers in SHJ for new plastic cladding, 2'' heels and Cooper Discoverer AT/3 shoes later...still wadi bashing and a few dunes and the plastic is still on...for now....driving with my balls in my hand...but loving the car....as for parts it would be same as for 2nd Gen Xterra...thats the same thing i do with my 2005 Skoda Fabia...i just head to VW give them part number or tell them 2005 VW Polo.....and presto!!...parts come flying out of the warehouse
Hello pato, I had R50 before as R51 is not built for off-roading at all. It's a great car on road, but try to reconsider R51, to replace it with Patrol as your model will start consume more and more parts and you will finish in endless circle, few hours in off-roading and few weeks in garage...
Muhittin

Hello,,, I am just wondering how good is this Pathfinder,,, as I've seen its performance in the desert, it has a light weight and strong engine, and very suitable wheel base, but i am talking about the shape of model 2004 and backwards. so can you give me an idea about the price range for a clean one.

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Muhittin;34232 wrote:Hello,,, I am just wondering how good is this Pathfinder,,, as I've seen its performance in the desert, it has a light weight and strong engine, and very suitable wheel base, but i am talking about the shape of model 2004 and backwards. so can you give me an idea about the price range for a clean one.
It's a great car, model R50 (2001-2005), it's not light weight (1,950 kg). The best option is with manual transmission. Parts are inexpensive and available all the time, but the car does not require frequent replacements, however it depends on the level of abuse.
This vehicle was used mainly by construction industry, a single car driven by many, so you have to see the car from underneath and inside to see what you are buying. The price is between 20K and 40K. Check Dubizzle.
pato mwazi
Club Member
Club Member

....apart from the plastic cladding, unibody vs body on frame(i though this was a good thing), solid live axle vs IRS(yes IRS sucks).....what else would make it not offroad worthy.....i look at it this way.....just my opinion.....the R51 and 2nd Gen Xterra are pretty much twins, albeit the other is obese...if you talking about the little toys that one gets inside the cabin and the plasticky bits.....then i guess the obese sister isnt fit for the outdoors...but mechanicals and all...my research told me they are pretty much similar...oh and the IRS issue....reasons for me to getting the obese sister was mainly for the space to haul my camping stuff and bike and conservative amount of sand and wadi bashing...That being said....as with all toys...more abuse...more maintenance...unless its a jeep...which requires maintenance without any abuse....or a Datsun which requires no maintenance whatsoever...no..oil change is not maintenance...
Muhittin

Regarding the pathfinder 2000-2004, which year model we should be looking for?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Muhittin;34263 wrote:Regarding the pathfinder 2000-2004, which year model we should be looking for?
Nissan Pathfinder was produced in two variants (R50), engine 3.3L, which was very weak (167HP), until 2001 and then Nissan improved with one of the best V6 engines ever produced, VQ35DE (240HP @ Pathfinder) between 2001 and 2005.
After R50, was coming to the market 4L R51, the same engine used in X-Terra, but the car not capable for desert.

The latest model R52 is again using 3.5L VQ35DE, but it is crossover and again not capable for the desert. Nissan Policy is to have Patrol Y61 for off-roading and younger Y62 as luxury off-road model.

So coming to your question, you should look for the model equipped with VQ35DE, 3.5L, preferably with M/T, produced between 2001 and 2005.