Nissan pathfinder

skipper

Hi almosters. I need help... Does anyone know where i can get nissan pathfinder off road parts and accessories here in dubai????
Im thinking of upgrading TORI, my pathfinder but dont know any place to check...
Thanks in advance
TAURUS

Hi Skipper
Pls check AEV, Icon Auto, Ramy 4x4 , Offroad Zone and in Sharjah BMW road so many shops...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

skipper;30813 wrote:Hi almosters. I need help... Does anyone know where i can get nissan pathfinder off road parts and accessories here in dubai????
Im thinking of upgrading TORI, my pathfinder but dont know any place to check...
Thanks in advance
Regarding mods and accessories, what is it particularly on your mind? Maybe I can assist you. About which model are you talking? R50, R51 or R52?
skipper

caprihorse;30832 wrote:Regarding mods and accessories, what is it particularly on your mind? Maybe I can assist you. About which model are you talking? R50, R51 or R52?
caprihorse, funny enough I don't know what model mine is, all I know is that its a 2008 model.... I was thinking of getting skid plates and maybe new shocks installed
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

skipper;30847 wrote:caprihorse, funny enough I don't know what model mine is, all I know is that its a 2008 model.... I was thinking of getting skid plates and maybe new shocks installed
You have model R51. If you want to take my advice and I am Nissan freak, don't think to take this car to desert at all. At your first Newbie trips you will lose the front bumper, your clutch fan plastic holder at radiator will brake and your side airbags will remind you on my words, when they'll give you strong punch to your head and you'll see all stars and MDG (Madam Desert Ghost) in person, after your little uncontrolled jump over small dune's crest with your car.
skipper

caprihorse;30854 wrote:You have model R51. If you want to take my advice and I am Nissan freak, don't think to take this car to desert at all. At your first Newbie trips you will lose the front bumper, your clutch fan plastic holder at radiator will brake and your side airbags will remind you on my words, when they'll give you strong punch to your head and you'll see all stars and MDG (Madam Desert Ghost) in person, after your little uncontrolled jump over small dune's crest with your car.
I did the first trip ok.... Was fun.... So what do you suggest i do???? Im getting to love desert driving now....😫
Please dont say i cant go off roading !!!!
Mubz

caprihorse;30854 wrote:YAt your first Newbie trips you will lose the front bumper, your clutch fan plastic holder at radiator will brake and your side airbags will remind you on my words, when they'll give you strong punch to your head and you'll see all stars and MDG (Madam Desert Ghost) in person, after your little uncontrolled jump over small dune's crest with your car.
Thanks Cheif for Expressing your Expertise and my personal Experiences :like:

I think I spoke to you before you drive and Chief is right it might not happen on your first newbie drive but it will happen that's for sure ......... so my personal advise keep this as your onroad car and get a real off-road car.
Sridhar

Hi Almosters,

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for my request for advice on a decent garage / mechanic for pathfinder.

Thanks for all the great and invaluable posts on this forum (especially for a novice like me); that I am convinced that it would be in my best interest to confine my Ford Expedition to the lovely roads of Dubai and I bought a used pathfinder (2005) for off-roading. After an utterly disastrous trip to Nissan (dis)Service center for a full body check-up, I was presented a 40,000 AED quote (twice the price of the car) to service / repair the car (most of it for cosmetic repairs). After talking to their technicians, I got the essential repair (wiring and a few sensors) replaced. At the time of delivery, I was told to replace rear brake cylinders and all the hoses ASAP, which the service center m(e)issed to carry out.

I would really appreciate any references to reasonable garage / mechanic to get the above and any sundry works done.

Thanks in advance and hoping for a CM trip to be announced soon!

Sridhar
Dave
Advance
Advance

Sorry to hear about your experience at the Nissan service center Sridhar. I have been using the service center on the SZR with my last two Patrols over the past 5 years and had nothing but good workmanship from them. As your 4x4 is 9 years old you would expect a little work to be required but I agree Dhs40k is a silly quote to give and expect approval to go ahead with the job card!

A good few members seem to be a huge fan of your model Pathfinder and from what I have seen they perform very well on the sand. Sounds like you got a good deal at Dhs20k so with a little more invested you should have a strong reliable 4x4 for your weekend adventures on the dunes. I'm sure you will hear back from some owners soon giving recommendations on where to service your car.

Good luck and keep your eyes open for a CM trip to be announced as they book up fast!
Sridhar

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the words of encouragement, really appreciated. My experience was with Al Aweer 24x7 service center.

I look forward to the upcoming CM trip very eagerly with eyes and ears glued to this forum till I secure my berth!