Transmission workshop (JeeP)

ZAK_EGYPT

Hi Folks

Do you recommend any transmission workshop, i need to check/change some stuff in my jeep TJ gearbox .

thanks
zak
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Almost4x4 service center look for mr. Omar 0505881333
ZAK_EGYPT

Hi Strawb
i was really think to give a visit there. But do they know well about gear rebuilt and repair?
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Omar will advise you in a way which will benefit you and your car practically and financially as well.

Cheers
ZAK_EGYPT

Thanks strawb
Maddie

Zak, I visited Almost4x4 for a similiar problem, my tj manual shifter grinds in second gear when I shift fast as well as reducing gears. Omar suggested changing the gearbox with a used one and thankfully offered to look for one.

I cant afford the new gear at the moment, so I consulted one of my petrolhead friends, changed the gear oil, now shift a bit slowly, that is two step, once into neutral and another pull into second instead of of one single pull from first to second AND I am ok for the moment.

Do inform me please if you find some place reliable to change the synchros.
Black_Shrek

Ok folks, I think I can recommend the place I did my tranny rebuild. I am not 100% satisfied, cause it took them a long time, but that is due to the nature of issue I had (electric) which leaded to minced trans components (drove in desert for several months without 1st gear, not knowing, 3 times trans overheated with additional cooler), so they actually took the time to check every single wire and finally the verdict was - new PCM (aside from new tranny components). Since my PCM had no sticker, we had to test one by one and finally the right one found its place under hood. The warranty of 1 month they gave me expired today and trans is fine. If it fails later I will update. :)
The name is Hoorani located on BMW rd. I saw on their wall a certificate of appreciation from Sharjah Taxi dated 2012. They also sell different tranny parts.
Maddie

Thanks Black Shrek, Hourani are really well known and well establisehd AUTO transmisson overhaulers. I did quite a few Chevy rebuilds in the early 2000s from them. Back then, they were the best.
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

I have a similar problem with 3rd gear - fine on the road as I shift from 2nd to 4th - different story in desert though so use 2nd an awful lot!! Maddie / Zac - if you find anywhere who can overhaul and replace synchromesh let me know - I will do the same!! See you in the sand.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Green Giant;32105 wrote:I have a similar problem with 3rd gear - fine on the road as I shift from 2nd to 4th - different story in desert though so use 2nd an awful lot!! Maddie / Zac - if you find anywhere who can overhaul and replace synchromesh let me know - I will do the same!! See you in the sand.
Yes, you are quite right, I also suspect trouble with synchro. As it is manual gearbox, the repair should be quite easy, but be very careful with advices by others. :)