Jeep Wrangler Service

jcncurtis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Everyone,

We have Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited 2008 model. We just purchased it around 1.5 months ago and we are looking for a good regular service for our car. Do we go to a official dealer service or any other suggestions for the Jeep. We heard Jeepers are good but we need advise from whom got an experience regarding the Jeep services.

Thank you all,
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

I have a 2006 TJ which I have a service package from Offroad Zone. They are OK although a little expensive however it gives me peace of mind. Just shop around a bit when they quote you for repairs! Enjoy the car!!
jcncurtis
Intermediate
Intermediate

I heard good things about Offroadzone except the cost wise :) I will check with them also for the prices , thank you.
admin

You can check with almost auto service 0505881333
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

jcncurtis;30541 wrote:I heard good things about Offroadzone except the cost wise :) I will check with them also for the prices , thank you.
The good thing is they give you a courtesy car while in for service and is closer than Sharjah for Almost garage. I would use them if I lived closer!!
ghoonk

I've also been thinking about regular service schedules and have been speaking with Jeep service centre about it

This is the cost of regular servicing (all inclusive, whatever that means)

10k - AED700
20k - AED940
30k - AED700
40k - AED2170 (cost of standalone servicing till 40k = AED4510)
50k - AED880
60k - AED1010 (cost of standalone servicing till 60k = AED6400)
70k - AED700
80k - AED2310 (cost of standalone servicing till 80k = AED9410)
90k - AED700
100k - AED1610 (cost of standalone servicing till 80k = AED11720)

I know that Trading Enterprises Jeep Service Center in Al Quoz offers service packages as follows:

For 3 years / 40,000 km, Service Contract is AED3900 (savings of AED610) , Service & Maintenance contract = AED6980 (I'm told it includes wheel balancing, alignment, brake pads, brake discs, skimming of rotors, etc - does not include 'wear and tear' items like clutch or tires. Also not given a comprehensive list of what is covered and what is not covered., and Service & Maintenance contract with rental car = AED7580 (you're given a rental car for the duration of your car being in service)

What i'm told is covered in the service & maintenance contract : "includes brake pads, brake discs, Replacement or Machining, wheel alignment , wheel balancing, wiper rubbers front/rear, bulbs, any puncture noticed during service…"

For the 3 years / 60k package, it is AED5530 (savings of AED870) for service contract, AED9680 for service and maintenance, and AED10580 for service and maintenance with rental car
for the 3 years / 80k package, it is AED8140 (savings of AED1270) for service contract, AED14460 for service and maintenance, and AED15660 for service and maintenance with rental car
For the 3 years / 100k package, it is AED10130 (savings of AED1590) for service contract, AED18280 for service and maintenance, and and 19780 for service and maintenance with rental car

For servicing every 5k:

Please add AED- 1520 up to 40,000 km (for Service contract or Service and Maintenance contract) price
Please add AED- 2280 up to 60,000 km (for Service contract or Service and Maintenance contract) price
Please add AED- 3040 up to 80,000 km (for Service contract or Service and Maintenance contract) price
Please add AED- 3800 up to 100,000 km (for Service contract or Service and Maintenance contract) price

I've also been told that I can sign up for the 3 years / 40k package first, then upgrade to the 60k, 80k or 100k package along the way, and just pay the difference.

According to the TE Service web site, here's some of the 'benefits' enjoyed by people who sign up for service contract:

Trading Enterprises offers its customers prepaid maintenance programs for their vehicles which allows customers to pre-budget all their maintenance costs and ensure throughout the contract period that the vehicle is fully maintained. This scheme is only available at the time of purchase of a new car or up till the car covers 10, 000 Kms. The contract prices for the different models can be viewed under respective franchise section on the website.

Some of the benefits include:

Getting a substantial discount on normal service and maintenance charges.
Reducing the risk of expenditure through any unexpected repair.
Consolidated payment for all the service and maintenance costs for up to 3 years.
Option to select the kilometers from 40,000 to 100,000.
Free vehicle recovery service.
Free vehicle passing certificate for the annual renewal of the registration.
Priority booking and same day major service promise.

All things considered, I'm trying to decide between getting the normal service contract or the maintenance contract (still trying to figure out what I'm paying that extra AED2470 for - wheel alignment, balancing, wipers, can't be that expensive, right? How quickly do brake pads and rotors/discs wear out on the Wrangler?). At worst, I'll just pay a starting sum of AED8500 and let the dealership handle everything short of tire replacements up till 40k km, and then just top up the difference of AED3460 when I approach 40k to upgrade to the 60k plan.

I'd love to hear what the options are out there for 'peace of mind', 'no hidden charges' service packages from other workshops in Dubai...
Dave
Advance
Advance

Avoid the official dealer if you can. I had an engine cooling issue with my wife's Jeep Liberty and it took three visits to the SZR official dealer and a whole lot of cash before they finally found the problem (intermittent water pump). I really struggled to get any money back for all the work carried out prior to actually solving the problem. I was not the only unhappy customer there on each of my many visits so its not just me that was taken for a ride by them! I drive a Nissan Patrol and the difference between dealer workshops is like day and night. In my opinion ANY garage other than the Jeep dealer will be a better choice!
ghoonk

Green Giant;30546 wrote:The good thing is they give you a courtesy car while in for service and is closer than Sharjah for Almost garage. I would use them if I lived closer!!
What are their rates like? That sounds like an interesting alternative - i have no service contract with Jeep, so I'm free to shop around like Curtis :)
ghoonk

Dave;30550 wrote:Avoid the official dealer if you can. I had an engine cooling issue with my wife's Jeep Liberty and it took three visits to the SZR official dealer and a whole lot of cash before they finally found the problem (intermittent water pump). I really struggled to get any money back for all the work carried out prior to actually solving the problem. I was not the only unhappy customer there on each of my many visits so its not just me that was taken for a ride by them! I drive a Nissan Patrol and the difference between dealer workshops is like day and night. In my opinion ANY garage other than the Jeep dealer will be a better choice!
Yikes, that's bad. I've so far had a creaky spring in my drivers seat, and a gushing sound behind the dashboard when the engine isn't warmed up and is running through 1500 and up in any gear.

I managed to sort out the latter on my own - with the engine cold, top up the coolant DIRECTLY in the radiator (not the coolant tank) until it's FULL, then cap it off, and start the engine. Solved. They haven't figured that out yet.

I'd love to solve that damn creak in the driver side seat if anyone knows how. In the meantime, I'd love to get some feedback on alternative workshops - I'm pretty impressed with Ramy 4x4 so far, but probably need a chat with Marwan to see if they offer packages. I've got a 5000 km service coming up, and I'd love to get it done soon :)
jcncurtis
Intermediate
Intermediate

I spent one full day at the official service just to get jounce bumpers that's why we are searching for other options :) Even we went to Ramy 4x4 that day but as far as i knew they were just part supplier, good to hear that they are not only supplier. On the other hand Jeepers sound good why i dont know, it makes me feel like ''yes,they are the professionals of Jeeps''. But nobody has shared their experience with them till now :) We thought about the almost auto service but it is located at Sharjah which is far from us.