Pajero Basic Modifications (2007-2013)

mathbin

Hi Strawb,

Apart from the stability and traction control does the kill switch also disables the throttle control function?

I guess the throttle control function is also linked to the traction sensors.

Regards,
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

mathbin;24737 wrote:Hi Strawb,

Apart from the stability and traction control does the kill switch also disables the throttle control function?

I guess the throttle control function is also linked to the traction sensors.

Regards,
throttle control would mean controlling the throttle control sensors which indicate when your transmission needs to shift when you press on the accelerator pedal?

in my case, deactivating the stability and traction controls did NOT directly affect the throttle control function of the pajero when i decided to disable them.

Im guessing your talking about the early shift of the transmission even when on tiptronic mode when trying to do long hill climbs .......

there is a way around that issue, although it is not a modification to be done on the car but it is more so learning to throttle to maximize and extend the powerband when accelerating with your throttle foot so it doesnt up shift unexpectedly

more so like pressing to maintain the right intake of gas in the throttle to constantly have that punch in your throttle ...... other cars dont experience this as they can step on the throttle to just point and shoot ...... the pajero however is a little bit tricky and needs a few tricks to get the output you need from the car

i hope this helps
tonneree

OK so I didn't do the bumper thing above and will prolly just cut off the offending bits ;) BUT... I chiptuned (ECU remap) my Pajero. I feel the engine runs smoother, pulls better from standstill, has better acceleration and supposed to have some fuel economy benefits (but do we really care about fuel with the way we drive ?). Am happy so far :D The garage that did it is chipcentric.me. Friendly people and quite knowledgeable.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

tonneree;26169 wrote:OK so I didn't do the bumper thing above and will prolly just cut off the offending bits ;) BUT... I chiptuned (ECU remap) my Pajero. I feel the engine runs smoother, pulls better from standstill, has better acceleration and supposed to have some fuel economy benefits (but do we really care about fuel with the way we drive ?). Am happy so far :D The garage that did it is chipcentric.me. Friendly people and quite knowledgeable.
are they able to adjust the shift settings of the tiptronic transmission?

The traction/ABS/stability controls are the least of my worries for the pajero but the unwanted upshift of the engine even on tiptronic mode

just browsed their website and it looks interesting

question is how much?
tonneree

They did a first tune yesterday and told told me to drive around 200km with it just to check if all is good. Then I go back there this week where they will flash a more agressive tune. They also keep all backups of your ECU mappings so that you can revert back to stock as much as you want (for free). Total 1900AED. I don't know about the tiptronic mod. You can ask them :) they are quite responsive by email.
tonneree

Below is the email they sent me when I enquired about their services.

---------------
Dear Mark,

We have many happy customers with 3.8 Pajero after chip tuning in sense of power and fuel consumption. You will get 25-28 hp with 32-35nm torque. In addition we increase the throttle response rate and coolant fan speed above 100c of engine temperature. Within the similar driving pattern of pre-tune, you will get 6-8% fuel saving. The work is about 2 hours and price is 1.900AED

This is a very satisfactory and recognisable power with driving pleasure on the street. If you just OFF-ROAD this power increase will be definitely beneficial. But, if you do DUNE CLIMB sort of competition driving, it would not be enough for it.

We also recommend and install K&N performance filter at 370AED which gives you the addition 4-6hp and it is a life time product that you can keep clean and use. The real advantage of this performance filter is not to get the dust and dirt in its synthetic body like the cotton OEM filters. Dirt and dust just hit the surface and drop in the box. And, in this region filter must be cleaned or replaced much more often than other regions. Keep cleaning and use is a good advantage for maintaining the top power for your car.

Best Regards

Murat Binici

Image Digital Adrenalin For Your Engine.......!

www.ChipCentric.me
www.facebook.com/ChipCentric.dxb
zeemmee

Thanks everyone for their input in this useful thread:like:
Bambam
Intermediate
Intermediate

strawb;24733 wrote:Get in touch with Shibu from Bestline Garage

Ok guys... Met Shibu today and installed the ABS kill switch and cut the front bumper... (actually looks cooler now) :)
next is the rear bash plate - hopefully will not loose the rear bumper this friday...
regarding the unwanted upshift - my 2011 3.5 SWB holds the gear in place when i am on "sports" mode, tiptronic... tried on shkzyd rd 1st gear 80km/h 2nd above a hundred and over 5000 rpm...
I stopped cause i dont want to damage sthg but there is no sign of any shifting...
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

I saw this car yesterday in the Autoshow. It was a 3.8 SWB and they called it "adventure edition". All the modifications on it were done by ARB. It has a metal bumper with bullbar, Old Man Emu suspension kit, 275/65/R18 wheels (normally 265/60/R18 in stocks) and a tow bar on the back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1638[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1639[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1640[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1641[/ATTACH]

I asked the agency about some of these stuff previously if they have them or install if i bring them (before seeing this car). They clearly refused that time and said no. Anyway, i talked with the sales guy in the exhibition and asked if it is possible to make these to other Pajero's. After i mentioned before they were not doing, he said from now on they will apply.

I left an inquiry with them which they said they will reply shortly (i hope). I will also check with Musaffah workshop. I will share the info if i get any...

Cheers...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bambam;29846 wrote:Ok guys... Met Shibu today and installed the ABS kill switch and cut the front bumper... (actually looks cooler now) :)
next is the rear bash plate - hopefully will not loose the rear bumper this friday...
regarding the unwanted upshift - my 2011 3.5 SWB holds the gear in place when i am on "sports" mode, tiptronic... tried on shkzyd rd 1st gear 80km/h 2nd above a hundred and over 5000 rpm...
I stopped cause i dont want to damage sthg but there is no sign of any shifting...
the unwanted upshift will NOT be that noticeable when driving on-road as the pajero will rev up to 5000 on tarmac ....... on the sand ..... your rev meter will hit up to 4500-5000rpm without moving thus giving your computer the impression that the engine is over reving with the wheels spinning and forcefully upshifting the gear automatically for you even on tiptronic mode ......

a fail safe feature of mitsubishi which is very useful on-road and a big disadvantage offroad as you need to be able to control your throttle when side sloping or climbing vertical challenging dunes ...... personally ...... i just feel the driver-car interaction is controlled by the cars computer which is a disadvantage when driving on the dunes

cheers