Pajero Basic Modifications (2007-2013)

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Agalon;30129 wrote:I saw this car yesterday in the Autoshow. It was a 3.8 SWB and they called it "adventure edition". All the modifications on it were done by ARB. It has a metal bumper with bullbar, Old Man Emu suspension kit, 275/65/R18 wheels (normally 265/60/R18 in stocks) and a tow bar on the back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1638[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1639[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1640[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1641[/ATTACH]

I asked the agency about some of these stuff previously if they have them or install if i bring them (before seeing this car). They clearly refused that time and said no. Anyway, i talked with the sales guy in the exhibition and asked if it is possible to make these to other Pajero's. After i mentioned before they were not doing, he said from now on they will apply.

I left an inquiry with them which they said they will reply shortly (i hope). I will also check with Musaffah workshop. I will share the info if i get any...

Cheers...
in all due respect ....... getting the pajero to that modified state will be a lot of money ....... money which can equal to an offroad dedicated car such as the 1988-2001 Jeep XJ, 1988-1997 Jeep Wrangler YJ, 1997-2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ or a few other models of japanese cars which you can modify to your liking ......

The pajero as modified in the Dubai Autoshow was more so intended for trail driving and the australian outbacks ...... with the power that the pajero can generate ..... the heavy front bumper and the bigger tires will directly affect the performance of the car on sand .....

my two cents (coming from a jeep guy)
Bambam
Intermediate
Intermediate

strawb;30632 wrote:the unwanted upshift will NOT be that noticeable when driving on-road as the pajero will rev up to 5000 on tarmac ....... on the sand ..... your rev meter will hit up to 4500-5000rpm without moving thus giving your computer the impression that the engine is over reving with the wheels spinning and forcefully upshifting the gear automatically for you even on tiptronic mode ......

a fail safe feature of mitsubishi which is very useful on-road and a big disadvantage offroad as you need to be able to control your throttle when side sloping or climbing vertical challenging dunes ...... personally ...... i just feel the driver-car interaction is controlled by the cars computer which is a disadvantage when driving on the dunes

cheers
Hey Strawb -thanks for this great insight... :) Maybe you can show me the limitations of my car this weekend at AGA? Have to stick to this car at least 1 more year - so please help me to make the most out of it... :want:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

With the pajero ..... you need to learn to read the dunes, read the track infront of you, look 3-4 cars ahead ...... gain momentum and practice throttle control as per your cars limitations ..... very much possible with practice
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bambam;30662 wrote:Hey Strawb -thanks for this great insight... :) Maybe you can show me the limitations of my car this weekend at AGA? Have to stick to this car at least 1 more year - so please help me to make the most out of it... :want:
At AGA, we prepared some nice surprises... not only for Pajeros :psychotic:
larkin
Club Member
Club Member

Strawb, one question on the Pajero 3.5 L ( leaving the terrible traction control system ) - is there anything else that makes it a bad choice in the deeper dunes such as Liwa etc.. ?

Many thanks for your suggestions on this thread, I am looking to trim the front and fit in the skid plates both front and back. Shibu from bestline did suggest the switch too, but since I still have another 2 years in my warranty - I am still thinking.

I have seen the potential of this vehicle when the ABS light comes on ( happens when I Tug a Stuck vehicle, or when I struggle in a bowl and use the 4LLC to overrun the engine - then its just an amazing drive.

But seriously, does it fare badly in the bigger dunes of Liwa ?
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi larkin ...... liwa is well known for the deep bowls and very large dunes .....

i honestly feel that the 3.5l v6 pajero is under powered in terms of how it was set up ..... i feel that not all the horses of the big v6 are generated to the axles ..... i personally would not feel confident driving with the pajero in liwa (intermediate level and up)

A good reference to try the pajeros capability in climbs are the famous semi big dunes we have in the sharjah- badayer area like super bowl, ifftar bowl, big red and al fayah ....

Hope this helps ...

Cheers
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi,
I had a pajero in 2012. i had switch done from non authorized workshop. at that point of time service head at sharjah Mitsubishi workshop Mr warrier ( i hope i have spell it correct ) told me that they can also do that at additional cost and warranty will be considered. You can call at there workshop in sharjah and speak to that person and re confirm. Make sense if they do it still and consider warranty. you may end up paying a bit more but are secured with warranty.
larkin
Club Member
Club Member

strawb;33267 wrote:Hi larkin ...... liwa is well known for the deep bowls and very large dunes .....

i honestly feel that the 3.5l v6 pajero is under powered in terms of how it was set up ..... i feel that not all the horses of the big v6 are generated to the axles ..... i personally would not feel confident driving with the pajero in liwa (intermediate level and up)

A good reference to try the pajeros capability in climbs are the famous semi big dunes we have in the sharjah- badayer area like super bowl, ifftar bowl, big red and al fayah ....

Hope this helps ...

Cheers
Many thanks Strawb. I have done the Big Red dune and the Dave's Dune - is that the super bowl? The Pajero did great without the TC. I was only hoping to hear how it fares in liwa :-)

I am still looking forward to a drive with you guys,

But its sad on how this vehicle is under-powered given that they compete in the Dakar.
larkin
Club Member
Club Member

bombays;33274 wrote:Hi,
I had a pajero in 2012. i had switch done from non authorized workshop. at that point of time service head at sharjah Mitsubishi workshop Mr warrier ( i hope i have spell it correct ) told me that they can also do that at additional cost and warranty will be considered. You can call at there workshop in sharjah and speak to that person and re confirm. Make sense if they do it still and consider warranty. you may end up paying a bit more but are secured with warranty.
Thanks a Ton mate for this info, I will check this quickly and confirm back. It would be good news to all the Pajero owners. Thanks once again

But if you dont mind me asking, did you also give up the pajero ?
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

larkin;33314 wrote:Thanks a Ton mate for this info, I will check this quickly and confirm back. It would be good news to all the Pajero owners. Thanks once again

But if you dont mind me asking, did you also give up the pajero ?
To Start with while buying a pajero we needed a family car where we could fit in 7 people. I never ever thought that i would be dedicating myself so much towards this sport. In Short as strawb said you will not enjoy in intermediate level and it does not make any sense to spend money on pajero instead you can buy a cherokee and use it as your off road ride.( i did the same ). In Dakar they do lots of mods which may cost more than the car itself.