Why i choose to drive with almost4x4?

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

When you tell people that you’ve been driving out in the sand for a couple of months now, people would just simply assume that you may know your way around the desert when you go off-roading.

As they assume you are good, you develop the confidence that you have superior driving skills and start being careless ……... a false sense of security ……… your ego will kick in which may in turn cause you to panic, make mistakes and even worse ……… you just might end up endangering yourself and everyone in your convoy ……

Fundamentals are the most vital elements any driver needs to establish before he can properly progress and excel in off-roading …..

This is why I drive with almost4x4 …….. “FUNDAMENTALS” …….. it is a club wherein I can establish “proper” fundamentals

as they say …. “patience is a virtue” …….. when you climb the progress ladder with almost4x4 ……. You will reap the benefits when you open your mind and absorb the information as a newbie

I have been out driving in the sand for a good number of months now …… but not with almost 4x4 …. Why is almost 4x4 different?

Driving Line ...... there is a certain character on how almost4x4 convoys take on the dunes ……. Something different …… UNIQUE in the sense that you feel that you drive to LEARN …… and when you LEARN ….. the more you can have fun!!! It has been a privilege to take the 2nd lead position with Al Shamsi in the drives I have been out with almost4x4 and it has been an eye opening experience ……

There may be more details into this addicting hobby that I will come to learn about as I progress ……. and i strongly believe I am with the right club to move forward

See you guys every Friday
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

strawb;7508 wrote:When you tell people that you’ve been driving out in the sand for a couple of months now, people would just simply assume that you may know your way around the desert when you go off-roading.

As they assume you are good, you develop the confidence that you have superior driving skills and start being careless ……... a false sense of security ……… your ego will kick in which may in turn cause you to panic, make mistakes and even worse ……… you just might end up endangering yourself and everyone in your convoy ……

Fundamentals are the most vital elements any driver needs to establish before he can properly progress and excel in off-roading …..

This is why I drive with almost4x4 …….. “FUNDAMENTALS” …….. it is a club wherein I can establish “proper” fundamentals

as they say …. “patience is a virtue” …….. when you climb the progress ladder with almost4x4 ……. You will reap the benefits when you open your mind and absorb the information as a newbie

I have been out driving in the sand for a good number of months now …… but not with almost 4x4 …. Why is almost 4x4 different?

Driving Line ...... there is a certain character on how almost4x4 convoys take on the dunes ……. Something different …… UNIQUE in the sense that you feel that you drive to LEARN …… and when you LEARN ….. the more you can have fun!!! It has been a privilege to take the 2nd lead position with Al Shamsi in the drives I have been out with almost4x4 and it has been an eye opening experience ……

There may be more details into this addicting hobby that I will come to learn about as I progress ……. and i strongly believe I am with the right club to move forward

See you guys every Friday
----------------------------------
[ATTACH=CONFIG]493[/ATTACH]
I very much appreciate, what you are writing here, the true words coming out of your soul and heart. I believe you are becoming to be a very valuable member of our community. :045:
samr1
Intermediate
Intermediate

Great post :strawberry:strawb! What drew me and keeps me in the club is the patience of the experienced drivers, marshals and leaders of the club. On one of my first newbie drives there were many pop outs and stucks after stucks. But never did I hear one complain or regret from the leaders. I remember watching the marshals change someones flat tire and the drive of the car tried to help but couldn't even get close to his car to do anything because of all the marshals and experienced drivers in his way. I was sold ever since then. I've also met some of the nicest and generous people I have ever met here in Dubai. So many that I can't name them all. So here is to a great rest of the Off-Road Season!!!:045: Thank you ALMOST 4x4
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

The right words in the right place, well said strawb :027:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

samr1;7545 wrote:Great post :strawberry:strawb! What drew me and keeps me in the club is the patience of the experienced drivers, marshals and leaders of the club. On one of my first newbie drives there were many pop outs and stucks after stucks. But never did I hear one complain or regret from the leaders. I remember watching the marshals change someones flat tire and the drive of the car tried to help but couldn't even get close to his car to do anything because of all the marshals and experienced drivers in his way. I was sold ever since then. I've also met some of the nicest and generous people I have ever met here in Dubai. So many that I can't name them all. So here is to a great rest of the Off-Road Season!!!:045: Thank you ALMOST 4x4
--------------------------------------------
[ATTACH=CONFIG]495[/ATTACH]
Very well said, Sam, you are added value to our club :048:
Rommel
Intermediate
Intermediate

Strawb, you are absolutely right! Driving in a line is the best way to learn desert driving!
Bu Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

For me, it's when you drive with this feeling of pride and honor, all because you have the ALMOST4X4 sticker on the front and back of your car,
A logo that says u r a part of prestigious club,
A family you count the days to meet each and every weekend,
Thank you Almost 4X4, so proud to be one
Jeff

I started driving in the desert with Almost in September. There have been some weeks when scheduling conflicts didn't permit driving with Almost and when I was free I'd hook up with some of the other groups around town. That direct experience has confirmed that Almost is still the best desert driving club in the UAE. The leadership seems to have a clear idea of what it wants to achieve and how to achieve it and does a very fine job in executing their plans. The drives are always organized. Drivers always know where they are, where they should be going, and feel confident that someone is always there to help if help is needed. There is very little hot-dogging and novice drivers are not made to feel like they are a burden on more experienced drivers. The Marshals are patient and eager to teach and put a great premium on safety. Their attitude carries over to the other members, who are some of the most interesting and friendly people I've had the pleasure to meet in the UAE.

Keep up the good work, gentlemen, and thank you Strwb for starting this thread to let the leadership and our fellow drivers know how much they are appreciated.

Now, back to work...
se7es77
Golden Member
Golden Member

i 100% agree with all of the above posts, i would like to add one simple thing extra which is the free experiance we are getting from almost 4x4 whcih actually costed them alot and they are giving it us for free.
We love you almost 4x4
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

se7es77;7644 wrote:i 100% agree with all of the above posts, i would like to add one simple thing extra which is the free experiance we are getting from almost 4x4 whcih actually costed them alot and they are giving it us for free.
We love you almost 4x4
fully agree bro, what you can feel when you are with Almost4x4 is the passion they put doing what they love and we love too and what they are transmitting us. I can stay hours listen to Bu Salem, Capri, Falcon....and all others Marshals (sorry guys if I do not mention everyone :021: ...but you are all included :060:), without getting bored...and this is a big big thing!!! .... in the past I had the opportunity to drive with others club, but the feeling you have with Almost4x4 is really to be safe and in good hands, is something that you cannot explain....just have to try!
I simply think that this is a great club, and great club is done by great people.