To LIFT or not to LIFT???

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

thanks again Sarookh .... i was more so looking at Bilstein Shocks with Lovell 50mm HD spring lifts .... but i need to order them from Bushskinz in australia .... they go for about 5000aed roughly ....

i would rather source them out locally though
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Riazj;7183 wrote:Very useful post StrawB. I also have a Pajero and will get valuable input from these discusions and recommendations

Hi Riaz ..... it was nice meeting you last friday

any input which can be used positively by anyone would be greatly appreciated ...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wanted just to stress the attention, that Zero Star member is asking a question and he is getting the answers and suggestions from drivers with very low experience in off-roading (sorry guys for this hit straight between the eyes, but it's true). At the end he might mount something completely wrong on his car and then finish in the way we and him don't want. The newbie driver should concentrate at first of the symbiosis between his brain, eyes, hands and legs. He should at first read the dunes, what he is capable to do and what not. He should think at first, what he can do when he is walking the dune on his feet and then try to do the same with his car.

Is anybody in the world trying to change his body, if he is walking wrongly on the sand? No, he is changing his walking skills, not to come again and again to the top of the dune. So I don't still understand until today, after 6 years in off-roading, why the future drivers are starting to talk about changing of something, what was developed by R/D car makers for their safety, spending billions... And by sudden some newbie expert is saying, that this all spending and investment was wrong and he knows better...

I wrote this many times and I can repeat this again:

[CENTER]NO LIFTING OF SUSPENSION FOR NEWBIES or INTERMEDIATES IN SAND AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/CENTER]
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you for the advise sirs.

I didn't mean to stir up an argument here. I was just basically asking in the forum because I wanted to hear an answer which is not coming from the "sales" point of view.

It is big money and believe me I would rather not spend on something I don't need ....

Its just that the word suspension lift directly relates to offroad and expert advise would always be appreciated.

Thanks again
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Strawb

Our members are always there to help each other in any inquiry. please fell free to ask what ever in your mind

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

thank you abu salem

very much appreciated
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Strawb, in your case we would suggest you to concentrate more on how to protect your rear and front bumper with proper skid plates, as all our new members damaged their rear bumper on the first trips. This is the subject, which is heavily criticized by all Pajero owners and study other threads related to Pajeros on out forum. E.g. here - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... 3#post7143
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you caprihorse. That is definitely a priority. I've actually cut both my front and rear bumpers coz they act like sand scoops when goin on sand.

I am looking at some fabricators in getting this done sir.
FALCON
Golden Member
Golden Member

My friend I think you should wait until you know what exactly you want from your car and you should fully understand it. So when you go to upgrade it you will spend the money in the right way.
You still a Club Member and your car is good as it is for newbie and INTERMEDIATES level so enjoy the trips and wait.:060:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

well noted Falcon

thank you for the advise