To LIFT or not to LIFT???

strawb
Crew
Crew
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Hello Gentlemen ....

I drive a 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5l V6 LWB (long wheel base) ... ive been considering getting a 2-3" suspension lift done and was looking for BILSTEINS or LOVELLS suspension kits .....

Im not sure if they are available here in the UAE though .....

my questions are:

1. Where would you recommend i start shopping here locally?

2. Would the Lovell suspension kits which are available in RAMY's be modded to fit my pajero?

3. Would the suspension lift be really that huge of an impact in performance? (only issue i have now is that my wheels scrape the wheel well if i go really hard but other than that its fine)


Thanks in advance

cheers
Sarookh
Advance
Advance
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi Strawb,

I have ordered mime from http://www.mebar-auto.com/ they are located in alquoz area, am not sure if they have kits for the Pajero, but it doesn't harm to check :060:

All the best in your quest :045:
strawb
Crew
Crew
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:30 pm

thanks sarookh .... i gave them a call and MEBAR would be giving me a quote for parts only (ICON BRAND) ... expecting feedback by this afternoon or tomorrow
FSL
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:10 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Strawb. check for the wheels spacers as well... if you increase ride height it's always better and safer to increase your ride's track width also, to cope up with the higher centre of gravity after lifting it...
other wise a lift kit will always increases the chances of tipping over...
strawb
Crew
Crew
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 pm

thanks FSL ..... your advise is well noted

i have actually found 30mm spacers in sharjah which go for around 700aed a set .....

tipping over was actually one of my main constraints from getting a lift if it wasnt really necessary ....

thank you for the inputs
Sarookh
Advance
Advance
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:12 pm

strawb;7175 wrote:thanks FSL ..... your advise is well noted

i have actually found 30mm spacers in sharjah which go for around 700aed a set .....

tipping over was actually one of my main constraints from getting a lift if it wasnt really necessary ....

thank you for the inputs
Strawb, if you gonna go for spacer i would not recommand the ones which are sold in sharjah as am guessing your talking about the Shops for tires and rims, these spacer are Cheap point of view price and quality too. if you must go for spacer try to get the branded ones example R&B, these spacers comes in different sizes and it is made in GERMANY they are the most advisable spacers in the market, the Hole set cost around 2200 AED and you might find them easy.
one more and final thing, it is not advisable to go more than 1 to 1/4 inch (approximatly 30 mm).
strawb
Crew
Crew
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Sarookh;7176 wrote:Strawb, if you gonna go for spacer i would not recommand the ones which are sold in sharjah as am guessing your talking about the Shops for tires and rims, these spacer are Cheap point of view price and quality too. if you must go for spacer try to get the branded ones example R&B, these spacers comes in different sizes and it is made in GERMANY they are the most advisable spacers in the market, the Hole set cost around 2200 AED and you might find them easy.
one more and final thing, it is not advisable to go more than 1 to 1/4 inch (approximatly 30 mm).
i did have doubts on the spacers from the tire shops in sharjah ..... being their function is more for SHOW only

my current rims have an offset much more than the stock rims .... i would think the proper way to move forward is get a 2" suspension lift and check if i do need to get that extra 30mm of width

thanks

anymore leads to suspension kits referred to in my 1st post?

thanks again
FSL
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:10 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:50 pm

no problem strawb :)
good to know that you already have it under consideration.
let us know how it goes...
Sarookh
Advance
Advance
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:57 pm

strawb;7177 wrote:i did have doubts on the spacers from the tire shops in sharjah ..... being their function is more for SHOW only

my current rims have an offset much more than the stock rims .... i would think the proper way to move forward is get a 2" suspension lift and check if i do need to get that extra 30mm of width

thanks

anymore leads to suspension kits referred to in my 1st post?

thanks again
Actually there are plenty of options but all depends on what you have in mind and what is your budget :023:

i can also give you details for KING suspension dealer if you wish, but it's not cheap :059: let me know what you exactly looking for and than i can help you better.

Also i would advice you to get intouch with AlShamsi AKA BU Salem, am sure he will be able to help you too :027:
User avatar
Riazj
Intermediate
Intermediate
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:23 am

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Very useful post StrawB. I also have a Pajero and will get valuable input from these discusions and recommendations
Post Reply
cron