My Roll over- lessons learnt

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just want to share my experience with you guys and may be it will help someone in future to avoid accident (roll over) in future.:028:scenarioI was with friends and we have to cover 160km from AL WAGAN (AL AIN) to Hameem through desert. We cover more than 135 kms and the route was amazing with side cresting, big bowls and every thing was running fine and smooth. we speed more than 140 km/ hour on sabkas and enjoyed a lot.:015:I was accompanied by Hasan and the area where my roll over happened was not advance or intermediate area, even not a newbie but newbie -ve area hehehehe.It was a straight route in desert where we our speed was 60-70 km/hr. From the distance it was looking continuous straight route, me and my navigator were busy in talking and laughing with less concentration on the route because in our opinion that time there was no need for that much concentration as it was a road rather than technical dunes. :025:Then suddenly we realised that we are a second away TO AIR BORNE, and it was not a meter or 2 meter deep bowl but more than 20-25 meter drop.:046:Hasan shouted BRAKEEEEEEEEEEEE and I applied brake but we flew and next moment we were in a rolling drum rolling over, rolling over and rolling over.No one knows how many roll overs but for us those moments were not seconds but centuries hehehehe:011:.My proud duck commander landed on the hard ground on its roof, I asked Hasan "are you okey" He replied "yes" and advised me to go out of my beloved DC as soon as possible, he went out quickly but my seat belt loved and missing me so much that it was not letting me go, I tried my best but my DC was telling me "PLEASE STAY WITH ME, YOU STUPID DUCK".:036:Then the guardian angel appeared his name is " BU SALEM" HE said DC I am going to release you but you will fall down from your seat as as I was facing down, I said Bu Salem please release me it doesn't matter to fall down from one foot as I already gained the experience falling down from 25 meters hehehe. Me and my navigator got no injuries at all but till now golden sand of LIWA is coming out of my ears every day I am cleaning my ears, because our noses ears mouth eyes were full of sand, I will say every hole in our bodies except bottom as were wearing under-wears and jeans:010:.My DC sacrificed his live to save our a**es. we brought DC to its wheels and covered the 30 km in desert to the nearest road and then 40 km to the car museum with its broken bones, I AM PROUD OF YOU MY BEST FRIEND AND WILL MISS YOU ALOT AND I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR SOUL TO STAY IN HEAVEN.:032:LESSON LEARNT:1) NEVER EVER TAKE DESERT LIGHT AND DRIVE WITH FULL CONCENTRATION EVEN ON STRAIGHT SAND ROUTE.2) IF YOU WANT TO APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF NATURE THEN DON'T DRIVE, JUST STOP AND ENJOY THE GOLDEN SAND.3) GIVE A SAFE DISTANCE TO THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU BUT NEVER LET HIM DISAPPEAR FROM YOUR SITE AS YOU CAN JUDGE HOW HE IS REACTING TO THE SITUATION, IN MY CASE I GAVE MY FRONT CAR SO MUCH DISTANCE THAT IT DISAPPEARED FROM MY SITE.4) DON'T BE IN HURRY AS HURRY WILL MAKE YOU SPEEDING AND AT THE END IT WILL COST YOU SO MUCH DELAY AND EVEN YOUR LIFE.5) IF YOU ARE ACCOMPANY BY A PASSENGER, ENJOY CHATTING BUT NEVER EVER LET YOUR EYES OFF THE ROUTE, IN OUR CASES WE LOOKED AT EACH OTHERS FOR A SECOND AND WERE LAUGHING AND THEN NEXT SECOND WE WERE IN AIR.:046:6) KEEP A VERY GOOD COMMUNICATION ON RADIOS AND LET YOUR FELLOW DRIVERS INFORMED ABOUT THE TINY DETAILS IN YOUR ROUTE. IN OUR CASE OUR FRIEND INFORMED BUT THERE WAS SOME PROBLEM IN HIS RADIO SO ONLY THE DRIVERS NEAR TO HIM LISTENED AND NOT ME.ENJOY SAFE DRIVING AND ENJOY LIWA BUT NEVER EVER TAKE IT LIGHT.:011:PS: THANKS ALL MY FRIENDS ON THE DRIVE WHO GAVE ME SO MUCH MORAL AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT,LOVE U ALL.
Gorgin4325

WOW, so sorry to hear about your incident, but I'm glad you guys are OK.

Is the car repairable?

Thanks for sharing the story.

Cheers,
sarkawt

Thank GOD you guys are Ok, because it sounds like a big drop.

Hope you are feeling better now and so sorry for your ride.
sham

Thank God,

Itz nice to hear your story but too sad to hear about you Duck!

Good to hear from you that you guys are safe and sound.
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry to hear that but thank god you are OK.
se7es77
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank god that you and your partner are ok, and thanks for sharing this tough experiance with us DC.
wish to see you soon bro
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Thank God brother you and your partner are fine, but sorry for your Duck.
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

Again Shafiq, am glad you boys are doing just fine! Duck Commander will certainly be remembered, but now go and buy a JEEP! :p
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

The most important thing is that you and your buddy are safe. God saved you this time, and we are all thankful for that. I am glad you are alright and sorry for your loss.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

BettyPo;6261 wrote:Again Shafiq, am glad you boys are doing just fine! Duck Commander will certainly be remembered, but now go and buy a JEEP! :p
may be I will go for peep hehehehe