Emirates Driving Institute - Desert Driving Cource with Desert License.

Mukhallalati Basha
Advance
Advance

[CENTER]Check out this link below.

http://www.edi-uae.com/index.php?opt...d=24&Itemid=40

For AED 600 Emirates driving Institute in Dubai is offering a one day desert driving cource. At the end of thsi you can get a Desert Driving License for AED 300.

Sounds interesting....

If anyone is interested and signs up it would be nice to get a copy of the training manual ! [/CENTER]
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great course.. however, we are getting more comprehensive tips and techniques for free with Almost4x4 :045: beside that new friends every trip :048::027:
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

That Desert License is for those who want to take jobs driving desert safari vehicles.

I have a copy of their desert driving manual.....its nothing compared to what you learn here from fellow experts
Al Marshoudi
Advance
Advance

Wasif Ahmed;5855 wrote:That Desert License is for those who want to take jobs driving desert safari vehicles.

I have a copy of their desert driving manual.....its nothing compared to what you learn here from fellow experts

you are right Wasif ..

but i think it is a good idea to have one ..

I got mine in 2007 from GTSC in Abu Dhabi :/
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't see any sense to get such a license. In the desert are driving the kids (any possible vehicle) without driving license and nobody cares.

UAE Federal Traffic Law No. 21 is stating the following:

Driving license
Article (13)
Any person shall not be entitled to drive any mechanical vehicle on the way unless he holds a
valid driving license issued by the Licensing Authority, entitling him to drive the same vehicle
driven by him.

Moreover, any person responsible for a mechanical vehicle shall not allow any person that does
not have a driving license to drive the vehicle.

So for me it means that EDI and similar just developed some kind of document to strip a money from innocent people :032:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Al Marshoudi;5892 wrote:you are right Wasif ..

but i think it is a good idea to have one ..

I got mine in 2007 from GTSC in Abu Dhabi :/
I know that GTSC is issuing such licenses only for drivers who are driving in oil fields in AD Emirate. It's actually a safety course, how to drive in forbidden areas, when somebody has assigned job or project there. It's not for driving in the desert as a fun. Am I correct?
Al Marshoudi
Advance
Advance

caprihorse;5895 wrote:I know that GTSC is issuing such licenses only for drivers who are driving in oil fields in AD Emirate. It's actually a safety course, how to drive in forbidden areas, when somebody has assigned job or project there. It's not for driving in the desert as a fun. Am I correct?

Hi Silvestre,

Yes you are right it is not for fun driving .. in contrast, it is job requirement .. although the area there is wide & sand tracks are every where .. but in some oil companies, desert driving license is mandatory.

GTSC will insure that you have valid driving license & then you will have a two days course consisting of practical & theoretical.

Theoretical side will cover:
1- Traffic signs ( high ways & desert)
2- Hazard identification
3- Road accidents

Practical side will cover:
1- Vehicle inspections
2- Deflation
3- Transmission & all driving moods
4- Driving science
5- Emergency response
6- Different speeds
7- Downing from high dune

So, for some of us it is experienced .. but for new drivers, I think it will be good opportunity to have such thing .. Any way, this is my opinion & subject is under discussion :D

Regards,
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

LOL...can't recollect seeing taffic signs anywhere in the desert so far ya Mansour
Al Marshoudi
Advance
Advance

Wasif Ahmed;5926 wrote:LOL...can't recollect seeing taffic signs anywhere in the desert so far ya Mansour

hheehhheeee it is not in the middle of desert Wasif, it is about something that you cannot see in the towns ..

Mukhallalati Basha
Advance
Advance

mmm. maybe it's right, like getting Desert Driving License will be for Desert Safari Jobs & other stuff!

but don't you think so to have it just in case, generally speaking??