Question to Jeep 4.0 drivers - ID this wire/cable

Sam

caprihorse;4515 wrote:Shafiq, open your hood and see how many free cables you have there :011:
Caprihorse :)
That is fair so fair ,,,,, answer the question Shafiq :D
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

this cable is on the side of the engine if u have the check engine light is on thats mean on of your cable sensors is off/ out , but is u dont have the light on check the water pump wire the one for cleaning the front window not the engine ;)
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

The cable in question is actually the cable that goes to the O2 sensor on the outward exhaust pipe. (but since I have some shady exhaust system between the headers and the cherry bomb muffler I no longer have an 02 sensor so that is one of the items I'm going to try and fix soon.

As far as "Check Engine" or "Service Required" lights as normal those would have been ON from the start and being owned by Jeep people since new I can assure you those bulbs were removed yrs ago (along with door buzzer, and speed warning - not that a jeep is a speed demon from the start)

and not being an OBD II model im not going to sit there and count flashing lights - just rip it out and upgrade to new stuff sooner or later :)