Viking Kinetic Recovery Tow Ropes

abusalma

OK, so we have to make the big decision on whether to buy the Viking Rope or Towing snatch strap? It will take me some time to decide.

Thanks to all for the info. I am learning a lot from this forum.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was using both, standard rope with rating 16 tons (5 years) and now recently Viking Kinetic.

The usage of standard rope requires to jerk stuck car, where you need accelerate with full power on a distance of 2 - 3 meters. If the stuck car is still not recovered, you need, to repeat this several times. At all this attempts, there is heavy load on the whole drive train. At the end I was smelling a little burn from my clutch. Recently I burned it completely and it did cost me lots of money to replace the clutch. With A/T the process is same, just you don't burn your clutch, but you may damage gearbox or at least gearbox bushings (I saw it on LC at last trip in Liwa).

Last Friday, equipped with Kinetic, I tried it in real life, and the result is completely different, absolutely positive from my end. The process is similar as with standard rope. You accelerate as much as you can, the rope stretches and when you cannot more advance, you just hit the brakes and recovered car jumps out of the nested place, as the accumulated energy in the rope does its job. No smell from clutch, no flying items inside my car.

The most critical situation was, as we had one nested car on the top of the dune (with pop out), in very nice bowl (helicopters for rescue or similar), second car coming from the correct position (pulling down), finished hanging on its own rope, not possible to move front or back, also nested. It came for the help car #3, with idea of the train jerk in direction - down. It didn't move those 2 nested car a single inch. After this mishap, it started a huge discussion, what to do now, etc... Strong men, removing shovels from their cars, spitting in the hands and starting to remove tons of sand, around top car....
After looking into this panicking situation for few seconds, I removed my super-duper-kinetic miracle, joined it with car #2 and together pulling with car #3, on the first attempt, the nested top car jumped out of the nest, together with car #2, to overall applause of on-watching audience.

By purpose I'm not mentioning the brands :033::011:
Indy

see googloid's video for more info..it's been posted in the technical section earlier..i got a viking too and in the safe drive tried it on Falcon and later got rescued by googloid by the same..no jerks..it works smooth as Capri said.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now I got this subject with pictures and again I must confirm the power of this rope.

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0mm 5.4pt 0mm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0mm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Here with the above image, I would like to demonstrate the power of The Viking Kinetic Rope.
The action is in the back with the cars, not in the foreground :005:, and also the subject is not related to the brands, agreed “Peepers”? :051:

How it happened?

Car #1 got stuck at the top, just normal and typical situation in this kind of the dunes

Car #2 came to help, and remained hanging on his own rope

Car #3 came also to help, and didn’t move two cars above him for a single inch

Car #4, removed its Energy Rope and connected it to car #2

Simultaneously car #3 and #4 pulled and thanks to accumulated energy in Viking Kinetic Rope, car #1 and car #2 jumped out of their nests.

How the Viking Kinetic Rope works?

It’s made of nylon fibers, which stretch at pulling, similar to rubber. The Viking Kinetic Ropes stretch 30% at breaking point which makes them more effective than straps. The point of a Viking Rope or Snatch Strap is to provide stretch in a dynamic pull (opposite is true for winch lines in a static pull). The more stretch the more kinetic energy is built up to help move the vehicle, and the less impact on the vehicle itself. As the pulling car cannot move more, it hits the brakes and accumulated energy in the rope, pulls out smoothly the stuck car.

Snatch Strap needs to be straight between connected vehicles, not twisted, at Viking Rope you don’t need to pay attention, just avoid knots.

Viking Recovery Rope

Snatch Strap

CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi All,

Wow, this is something that always bothered me when I saw the the cars pulled with a jerk and thought it would damage the vehicle.

I want one of these kinetic recovery ropes,where can I buy it from??

Amit.chandra
Maddie

caprihorse;3198 wrote:I was using both, standard rope with rating 16 tons (5 years) and now recently Viking Kinetic.

The usage of standard rope requires to jerk stuck car, where you need accelerate with full power on a distance of 2 - 3 meters. If the stuck car is still not recovered, you need, to repeat this several times. At all this attempts, there is heavy load on the whole drive train. At the end I was smelling a little burn from my clutch. Recently I burned it completely and it did cost me lots of money to replace the clutch. With A/T the process is same, just you don't burn your clutch, but you may damage gearbox or at least gearbox bushings (I saw it on LC at last trip in Liwa).

Last Friday, equipped with Kinetic, I tried it in real life, and the result is completely different, absolutely positive from my end. The process is similar as with standard rope. You accelerate as much as you can, the rope stretches and when you cannot more advance, you just hit the brakes and recovered car jumps out of the nested place, as the accumulated energy in the rope does its job. No smell from clutch, no flying items inside my car.

The most critical situation was, as we had one nested car on the top of the dune (with pop out), in very nice bowl (helicopters for rescue or similar), second car coming from the correct position (pulling down), finished hanging on its own rope, not possible to move front or back, also nested. It came for the help car #3, with idea of the train jerk in direction - down. It didn't move those 2 nested car a single inch. After this mishap, it started a huge discussion, what to do now, etc... Strong men, removing shovels from their cars, spitting in the hands and starting to remove tons of sand, around top car....
After looking into this panicking situation for few seconds, I removed my super-duper-kinetic miracle, joined it with car #2 and together pulling with car #3, on the first attempt, the nested top car jumped out of the nest, together with car #2, to overall applause of on-watching audience.

By purpose I'm not mentioning the brands :033::011:
NOW Chief Marshal, I am convinced. I shall return the towrope and save up for a VIKING kit

Thanks Mon Marshal capri
bijubs

Dear Al Shamsi,
Will you please advise me what is the nor,al length of rope is advisable ? and where i can find a viking rope ?
biju
FrancisJK
Intermediate
Intermediate

bijubs;37456 wrote:Dear Al Shamsi,
Will you please advise me what is the nor,al length of rope is advisable ? and where i can find a viking rope ?
biju
Hello @bijubs kindly follow this thread: http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... cond-batch

Most of the members including me are using the same. I hope this will help & welcome to the club and your second family!
bijubs

FrancisJK;37458 wrote:Hello @bijubs kindly follow this thread: http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... cond-batch

Most of the members including me are using the same. I hope this will help & welcome to the club and your second family!
Dear FrancisJK -- thanks for this message and advise .. i had posted my request , also asked AlShamsi if possible i can buy today or tomorrow ..!
bijubs

bijubs;37462 wrote:Dear FrancisJK -- thanks for this message and advise .. i had posted my request , also asked AlShamsi if possible i can buy today or tomorrow ..!
and yes ... indeed this is my second family .. love you all