Viking Kinetic Recovery Tow Ropes

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Drivers

When you get stuck in the desert the first thing comes across your mind that someone should pull you out if you can’t do self recovery… On the other hand, the driver who is going to tow you out of the stuck thinks about the impact that will affect his/her car’s chassis or gear !!

When you want to buy a snatch rope then you may ask yourself Why Choose a Viking Kinetic Recovery Tow Rope over a strap?

The Viking Tow Ropes stretch 30% at breaking point which makes them more effective than straps. The high degree of stretch makes the Recovery Ropes extremely effective. The point of a Recovery Rope or Snatch Strap is to provide stretch in a dynamic pull (opposite is true for winch lines in a static pull). The more stretch the more kinetic energy is built up to help move the vehicle, and the less impact on the vehicle itself.
Viking Kinetic Recovery Tow Ropes are made from 100% Premium DuPont™ Nylon Double Braid
When choosing a Tow Rope size, plan the breaking strength to be approximately 3 times the weight of your vehicle. For larger vehicles this number is closer to the weight of the vehicle.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Important comment by PR.
" Store it out of the sun, and once a year give it a bath while twisting it open, to loosen any sand grains caught inside, which will rub and eventually damage the strands. Then let it air-dry completely before storing it. It will last you for decades. "

SAFETY NOTE: Do not use Tow Ropes or Tow Straps (kinetic snatch straps etc.) with winches. Never connect ropes / straps end to end with other kinetic ropes / straps with shackles or metal connectors.

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great article Abu Salem... i believe you showed us this in action on my first day out at the desert!
Hamdan
Golden Member
Golden Member

[CENTER]كلام كبير بوسالم ممتاز :028: [/CENTER]
blue eye
Advance
Advance

u right bro very important.
lamboo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[CENTER]thanx alshamsi-m its important[/CENTER]
[CENTER]:045::045::045:[/CENTER]
admin

[CENTER] I found this video about kinetic rope for you guys

[video=youtube;zeoyAa-WPR0][/video][/CENTER]
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Indy

What is the difference between a snatch strap and a Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope like this? Are they the same? While recovery the Kinetic energy rope generates a lot of energy - and can potentially cause a lot of damage if it breaks. Is there anyway to work out the max stretching distance for a rope like this and factor that in while attempting recovery?

Lastly, as the ropes generate a lot of energy in case the stuck vehicle refuses to move - all that energy may be transferred back to the towing vehicle via the rope..and potentially damage transmission? In case of a manual one can always use the clutch - how about in an auto?

What are the general guidelines?
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Indy

Viking Rope & Towing snatch strap having simller fanctionalty .. I'll try to make it easy for you in a very simple way :)

1. If you get stuck in a BAD WAY or PLACE , the viking is going to be superior with no damege in the car .. If there are damges the happen from un proper towing points in the car itself

2. If you want to tow a car in the desert for a long destance i.e : 3 - 10 km then snatch strap will be superior

After all it is your choice as an offroader to choose what sutes you .. Frankly, it took us around 1 year looking for viking rope cus we badly needed it

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Shamsi,

you ALMOST convinced me now. But still I have to make the test and I have already one volunteer :003:
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

I readed alot of threads on different forums, what bu salem and al khatib stated are very true. It is converting the potential energy stored to kinetic energy and it is helping alot with less efforts to get the stuck vehicle free.

But the down side of it comes when the toeing points fails. And then this rope is like a gun and the towing point like a bullet.
Personally i saw my friend's car rear door smashed because of some kinetic strap or rope. But he and the people around were lucky and didnt got any injury.