BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO Reviews

FSL

Thanks Wasif,
Actually I'm already using BFG Mud Terrains so if i go for these, i guess I'm gonna add up some to the mileage anyway.

As it might be another month or so before i decide and buy so I'm still considering other options including the Cooper AT-3 or ATR, Nitto Terra Grapplers and offcourse BFG All-Terrains.

Thanks for your input though :)
Wasif Ahmed;6435 wrote:I've been using them for over to years now..same set......got 80,000 KM on them and they are still going strong. That should tell you something about value for money.

I have 285/75/16 on my FJ and run them at 9PSI...rarely get stuck or have a pop out...non pops for the year 2011.

The only thing is that they are heavy so you loose a bit of power and your mileage also comes down. I get 350 KM to a tank compared to 450 on stock tires.

Am gonna try the Yokohama Geolander ATS next.....but will have to wait another 40,000 KM till these BFG wear out.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

I would highly recommend you take a serious look at Yokohama Geolander ATS tires. The are now the current rage with serious offroaders all over the UAE.

Very light, a nice pattern and good sidewall flex. Plus they are very well priced and also have a long life.
FSL

Wasif Ahmed;6438 wrote:I would highly recommend you take a serious look at Yokohama Geolander ATS tires.
Well, actually the people who are using it do like this tire... but even they are recommending Cooper H/T now.
But as i have a heavier truck so that why i want an AT tire.
Al Kurby
Advance
Advance

BFG's ???? Never
FSL

Al Kurby;6443 wrote:BFG's ???? Never
and the reason/reasons???
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

FSL;6445 wrote:and the reason/reasons???
Because the Jeeps would not move with the weight of the BFG's ....LOL
Jevski
Club Member
Club Member

Wasif Ahmed;6435 wrote:I've been using them for over to years now..same set......got 80,000 KM on them and they are still going strong. That should tell you something about value for money.

I have [URL="tel:285/75/16"]285/75/16[/URL] on my FJ and run them at 9PSI...rarely get stuck or have a pop out...non pops for the year 2011.

The only thing is that they are heavy so you loose a bit of power and your mileage also comes down. I get 350 KM to a tank compared to 450 on stock tires.

Am gonna try the Yokohama Geolander ATS next.....but will have to wait another 40,000 KM till these BFG wear out.
Hi Wasif,

Long time no speak!

Those tires are gonna eat your gas. 33" over stock 31" and a damn lot wider too. Of course they are heavier than stock.

Had stock size BF's on my FJ for ages and were good all round performance and never ever had a pop out or puncture!

Have had 35" BFG on my Raptor for a year now and they are going well other than 35"s take a year to re-inflate from compressor!

Also had Nitto terra grappler. Really liked them and would be my rubber of choice but they just do not last long enough. Chewed through a set in less than 20k.
FSL

Jevski;6835 wrote:Hi Wasif,

Long time no speak!

Those tires are gonna eat your gas. 33" over stock 31" and a damn lot wider too. Of course they are heavier than stock.

Had stock size BF's on my FJ for ages and were good all round performance and never ever had a pop out or puncture!

Have had 35" BFG on my Raptor for a year now and they are going well other than 35"s take a year to re-inflate from compressor!

Also had Nitto terra grappler. Really liked them and would be my rubber of choice but they just do not last long enough. Chewed through a set in less than 20k.
Hi Jevski,
Thanks for the info. I was kinda hoping to get Nitto Terra Grapplers but 20K on a set is less than what i want especially when my truck is daily driver as well.
I'm looking for a 33" tire so do you think BFG AT's are a good choice or you'd still recommend Nitto Terra G's?
Jevski
Club Member
Club Member

Rubber is a very personal choice and everyone has a differing opinion. Both the BFG and Nitto Terra Grapplers are very good tires. If you going oversize both are going to slow your truck down and affect its ability to climb more than you think!

Out of the 2 choices you are looking at the BFG's will defo last longer, Terra Grapplers didn't last long on my FJ partly cus I spun them up too much and cornered hard on Tarmac. They gripped better on the road than BFG mostly because they were softer compound.

Neither are that much heavier than a more road biased tire. They are a bit but only because there is more tread and they are a stronger 3ply construction as opposed to 2 ply.

My deciding factor would be the one that you can get the best deal on.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Hey Jevo.....indeed been way too long...how are you doing ? So its on to the Raptor these days ....lucky devil !!!

Check out the Yokohama Geolander ATS too. Well priced and good for both on and off road ....is the current rage with serious offroaders all over these days.