Ten stupid things the men do,,,,,,,,,,,,

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ten Stupid Things men do...
...to mess up their four wheel drive

• 1 ignoring wheel cheat
(men know - friends are important -- tires are good friends - treat them well)

• 2 using too much speed or power
(many times, faster than too slow is too fast)

• 3 steering at standstill
(power steering is a wonderful tool to break tie rods etc)

• 4 using the clutch the same way as on pavement
(if you don't know what "starting in gear" means and you still use the clutch to regulate speed )

• 5 following one's gut feeling
(most likely it'll be wrong - humans have no genetic imprint for driving cars yet)

• 6 straddling obstructions
(men should know - they would not take anything high between their legs either)

• 7 rushing through water
(humans want to rush away from danger and get in trouble in the process)

• 8 keeping thumbs in steering wheel
(bruised or broken thumbs really hurt)

• 9 hanging head out of window during difficult driving
(makes you "feel" you are in control - but you'll miss potential danger on the other side)

• 10 using 4WD after getting stuck
(now that is really stupid):028:

BUT FEMALE OFF ROADERS ARE NO EXCEPTION:011:
admin

The subject of an interesting and very useful note that these things always get with new drivers, causing several problems

Thank you very much and once again your posts interesting and useful and always forward :048: :045:
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

To avoid these things while driving on sand, please read it everyday till you memorise it.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

You forgot one point:
Driving with engaged hand brake ! It sounds ridiculous, but it happens all the time. Recently we had this smell from brake shift at Pink Rock :)

Point 10 is also very funny... You notice this just at the moment, when your rear part is behaving strangely and you see in the mirrors lots of sand fountains :)

To all desert foxes - Don't laugh, it happens also to Marshals as well :) I know :)
Indy

Capri - so right! I remember attempting to climb a hill once with the handbrake on.. i simply couldn't figure out why I was slowing down and stopping near the top..happened 2wice before i figured out i had the hand brake on..:)

Another thing happened on my first drive.. took the keys out from the car and it fell someplace in the sand - luckily we found it.. that's another thing never to do - never get the keys out..leave them where they are ..lol
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yea keys, a good point Indy !
It reminds me to a trip once, where we had this hi-tech loaded super European car, VW Tuareg, equipped with all impossible features, with us. The guy left his keys inside the car, closed the doors and did deflation. By sudden, the car made this famous noise pip-pip and locked out the owner with keys inside and outside temperature in May at 45 degC at lunch time.
The first quick briefing by 'experts' gave a solution to break a small triangle side window. After rationalizing this crazy and panicking idea, he just called his wife at home (yes, he did know the number by hard, as his phone was also inside) and his loving wife did drive 250 km here and there, just to hand to loving husband the spare keys for his loving toy.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Last week I was heading for desert and one of my friend left his keys inside his peeper (cherokee), the switch was off. when we were about to leave we heard the announcement,,,key are locked inside:

after trying here and there he used caprihorse tactics by breaking the small windows in rear and we recover the key after ordeal.

PS: Please add more points for everyone interest, specially the senior off-roaders and marshals who are having personnel experience.
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

thanks for a useful notes one more point i would like to add which is that i have in my cherokee, I CAN KEEP THE KEYS IN MY POCKET AND DRIVE THE CAR, also i can keep the car on and the keys with me too. some of you wondering how the steering wheel will move with no keys, the secrit is that in the steering wheel switch luck you can unluck this switch and drive the car by keeping the keys in your pocket with no problems. easy to unluck ;P
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Its a peep thing which the JAPs cant understand hehehe.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Men do but women are no exception:011: