Amature Radio Society- Regulation

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Guys here is the link for TELECOMUNICATION REGULATORY AUTHORITY.
I am interested to get amature radio licence and transform my FJ to mobile base station, If someone is having already please share how to apply?:012:
some informations are here
www.tra.gov.ae/download.php?.../Regulations%20for%20Amateurs

If useful enjoy then.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

shafiq jan;1437 wrote:Guys here is the link for TELECOMUNICATION REGULATORY AUTHORITY.
I am interested to get amature radio licence and transform my FJ to mobile base station, If someone is having already please share how to apply?:012:
some informations are here
www.tra.gov.ae/download.php?.../Regulations%20for%20Amateurs

If useful enjoy then.
OK, if you want to make, I don't have any problem. In our amateur conversation in a desert we are using a frequency, which does not belong to TRA responsibility. Articles A2.1 , A2.2. and A2.3 don't mention frequencies used by us (range 462.5625 - 467.7125 MHz). Why do you want to carrie in your car unnecessary equipment and nobody else except same amateurs as you can hear it?

On the other hand, based on this document, nobody without appropriate license is allowed to "posses or operate Wireless Equipment for Amateur Service or engage in Amateur Service without obtaining and / or having a valid Authorization issued by the Authority."

What does mean this in praxis?
  1. Except professional companies, buying mostly Motorola, nobody has this license
  2. We are not using Amateur Service
  3. If this regulation would be the truth for public, all sellers (Bur Dubai, Dragonmart) in UAE wouldn't be allowed to import radio equipment without appropriate license. We have it on the market, so TRA regulation does not apply to our needs.
So, why do you want to have mobile station? :032:

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

@ CAPRIHORSE...
First of all I am not making any society.Secondly the authorities are oki with the use of walkie talkie in desert due to safety, so there is no use and rather no need of any licence.
I was member of a society back home and we were having licences to operate on specific frequencies.
I posted this link of TRA regulations to get help and opinion from the experienced members like you how to apply, get the licence and become member of amature society.
Its one of my insane hobby as I have alot more , lolz.

Thanks
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

shafiq jan;1439 wrote:@ CAPRIHORSE...
First of all I am not making any society.Secondly the authorities are oki with the use of walkie talkie in desert due to safety, so there is no use and rather no need of any licence.
I was member of a society back home and we were having licences to operate on specific frequencies.
I posted this link of TRA regulations to get help and opinion from the experienced members like you how to apply, get the licence and become member of amature society.
Its one of my insane hobby as I have alot more , lolz.

Thanks
Your hobby is great, at least you can share with us what we need to properly communicate in the convoy :051:
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lolz,,,,Let me complete my research then i will contribute my knowledge for the club, but till that time you are my teacher, see you tomorrow smiling.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Shafiq

As far as I know that if you have a license in your country if you are an expatriate ...then you can apply to TRA ... I'm a local and it is easy for me to have one but I'm not ready to have a license & can’t use it with my friends in the desert since they are not licensed …. After all, it is only for the desert drive. Besides you don’t need a powerful radio to communicate with the others … just a media to send your message

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is one point in Shafiq's message -
"the authorities are oki with the use of walkie talkie in desert due to safety, so there is no use and rather no need of any licence."
Can we get more details on this statement? Safety is really our concern.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

The clarification of the point is SAFETY FIRST, mean more important to the authorities and us than the licence issues,lolz