Grand Cherokee Modifcations

yadschetan

Hey Guys!!

I have got a brand new Grand Cherokee Overland (5.7L) and just had my first club drive recently. Somehow fell in love with the experience I had and would continue doing this for a while. I need opinions over two topics concerning the car I have:

1. Which all modifications are recommended for this car - to make it more desert friendly? Please recommend the garages too?

2. Any feed backs and opinions for Grand Cherokee off-road capabilities?

3. I have got Air suspensions in it. Is it ok for off-roading or will I end up damaging those?

Regards
Yadschetan
JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

yadschetan wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:01 pm Hey Guys!!

I have got a brand new Grand Cherokee Overland (5.7L) and just had my first club drive recently. Somehow fell in love with the experience I had and would continue doing this for a while. I need opinions over two topics concerning the car I have:

1. Which all modifications are recommended for this car - to make it more desert friendly? Please recommend the garages too?

3. I have got Air suspensions in it. Is it ok for off-roading or will I end up damaging those?

Regards
Yadschetan
This will be a challenge for my diplomacy skills to answer this and not put you off the sport! haha

Here goes...

1. Mods - Lift, Shocks, Skid Plate, Wheels, Tyres, cut bumpes for clearance
2. Capability - Very limited for anything above newbie 5+ level unless very heavily modified and you don't mind breaking it.
3. Not sure, but if you lift it you might need to replace anyway.

A better option might be to save the money you would spend on mods and buy an old FJ, Wrangler, Pathfinder or something.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

JockJKU wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:50 am

Regards
Yadschetan
This will be a challenge for my diplomacy skills to answer this and not put you off the sport! haha

Here goes...

1. Mods - Lift, Shocks, Skid Plate, Wheels, Tyres, cut bumpes for clearance
2. Capability - Very limited for anything above newbie 5+ level unless very heavily modified and you don't mind breaking it.
3. Not sure, but if you lift it you might need to replace anyway.

A better option might be to save the money you would spend on mods and buy an old FJ, Wrangler, Pathfinder or something.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
I second to everything [mention]JockJKU[/mention] mentioned. It will be much better, cheaper and more peace of mind with getting a proper offroader like the cars Jock mentioned rather than investing time and a LOT OF MONEY in modding the Cherokee also considering the fact that it will end up getting damaged pretty fast.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Regards
Yadschetan
Hi Yadschetan, good to know you have enjoyed the club member on Friday.

You might put skidplate, killer switch and keep driving it for a while, but you will have problems with the damage on the bumpers and investing on an offroad suspension will eliminate your air kit.

I see some members driving up to 5+ and then changing the car to an option already mentioned.

If I were you I would install the skid plate + killer switch and keep coming. I wouldn't overspend on a WK2 and, if you are willing to keep increasing the level after 5 or 10 driving with us, you might consider changing the car, since the mods to make it good for higher level drivers might hurt it good overall driveability.

André, one of our intermediate drivers, has a well-modified WK2 and you can check on the link below:
https://www.instagram.com/iamyolax/