Couple of Newbie questions

D_OC
Club Member
Club Member

Hi,
Need help. I visited Dm today and found snatch straps and hooks and shackles at very reasonable price. Asked about rating and requirment of 2 ton. I found one with 8 ton and 8m length. they had rating too there were few guys buying these and they said they are using these since long with no complaints. Will this serve ? please advice....
Prices at other store including at ACE are too high.
Btw regarding walkie talkie i am going for cony cy-888.with screen
Duli

D_OC;40109 wrote:Hi,
Need help. I visited Dm today and found snatch straps and hooks and shackles at very reasonable price. Asked about rating and requirment of 2 ton. I found one with 8 ton and 8m length. they had rating too there were few guys buying these and they said they are using these since long with no complaints. Will this serve ? please advice....
Prices at other store including at ACE are too high.
Btw regarding walkie talkie i am going for cony cy-888.with screen

Hi D_OC... Please avoid buying the straps and shackles from DM for your own and others safety... You can purchase the viking rope from the Almost4x4 garage, this comes along with shackles and a nice bag.

I am sure that the viking rope will be on a higher price compared to what you will find in DM but at the end of it... It will be a safe and long term investment.

You cannot go wrong with the viking provided from Almost4x4 as it is rated good enough to even recover my +/-3ton Ford F-150 without a problem.

In regards to the walkie... I cant comment on the crony model which you mentioned. I am using a Baohui BH-918 and am happy with its performance.
D_OC
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks Duli for quick response. I will visit 4X4 GARAGE today. Will also try to find the radio you mentioned.
Thanks
Cheers
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Younis,

I used a fishing pole for 18 months, no issues, just make sure it is long enough 2.5m+ and a suction cup holder you can get from Speedex. Ramy sell the red fibreglass flagpole which comes with a screw mount, you just need to fabricate a bracket (or buy one from Speedex) to fit the F150, or drill a hole in your tailgate/bed/bumper to mount it. Rated Hook you can get from Speedex or Ace. For jacking board, I use a 3ft length of scaffolding board.

Hope that helps.
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

and didn't read earlier responses - so make your choice. Advice - don't go too cheap (DM!) as you will end up replacing soon!
YounisMaq

Awesome replies guys, I dropped by SpeedEx last night, got the suction cups, and i got the flag pole from Icon Auto, For now i'll use pipe fasteners as suggested by MOMO "Tried this out last night and they seem to be holding tightly".

Looks like i am all set for tomorrows equipment inspection :) and hopefully the start of a round of great trips in the UAE.

Looking forward to meeting you guys in the sand.

Thanks,
Younis